Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-02-2014, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thats really good. I have had enough leads to possibly close that many.. but i can't compete on price with alot of these larger companies especially a certain company here lately.... If i try to price match and undercut some of these larger services i'd never be able to get the equipment needed next year to take on the extra accounts.. lol. so i'll be happy with picking up 2 or 3 a day out of 10 calls. phone is ringing off the hook, but competition is stiff here.. all i can do is a good job and hope everythign falls into place later.. and hoping doing a good job still matters.. it seems more like a cheap price will win customers these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgialawn88 View Post
i have "only" closed 154 this year but aggravated its been slow the past 2 days. Im just hoping it'll pick back up. I believe it will soon.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Slower than normal here due to prolonged cold weather (actually the past 6 months have been colder than normal). No snow on the ground in central Iowa, but lawns are still dormant. 25-40 mph winds most days and cloudy -- most folks just are not thinking about the outdoors yet.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskeeper44 View Post
Efficiency is the one who has it figured out! I think he's been able to hit our customer count in just a few years...it has taken us 4 to get to that point
Posted via Mobile Device
Just dumb enough to keep trying
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2014, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The fun has begun!

We r behind last year but we blame it on the winter. But we are starting to crank them out finally.

Our best day so far has only been 12. We r constantly getting 6-10 new lawns per day now but we have yet to roll out our big guns.

I bet we will b down compared to last years growth but I am ok with that.

It's about sustainable growth.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

5% cancel rate, expect that to increase to about 7.5%.

Customer wise I am just getting started with only a handful of new sales but I have two good new commercials and added 4000.00 worth of tree sprays at another good commercial so dollar wise I am on target.

Solo operator with 330 of my own accounts currently and I do on average 100 for other lawn companies.

I usually add 60 resis a year on my own through referrals and walk in's.

I am anticipating 15-18% growth this year with less expenses as well.

I am starting my route on Monday.

I have no monster seeding jobs hanging over my head yet which is kinda nice.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

When there is competition--you have to do things the huge companies cannot do. Like answer your phone 7 days even late at night. "Call us anytime and talk directly to the owner, you can't do that with big green."

"Its not like buying a car--lawn care is a service--and good service depends mainly on the quality and motivation of the people--and for that, small business is best. We think our licensed, educated, trained experienced people are exceptional."
Old 04-03-2014, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thats me. I sell many on sunday because nobody else is answering the phone.. I took your advice from previous threads. I give quick estimates. The only problem with that is i feel sometimes i'm the first one. I have signed up quite a few that were ready to go, then call back to cancel before I get out to do the first treatment when they get a late quote from one of the big boys and its about $25 cheaper (and i was already pretty low on my price..) Alls i can do is keep on keepin' on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
When there is competition--you have to do things the huge companies cannot do. Like answer your phone 7 days even late at night. "Call us anytime and talk directly to the owner, you can't do that with big green."

"Its not like buying a car--lawn care is a service--and good service depends mainly on the quality and motivation of the people--and for that, small business is best. We think our licensed, educated, trained experienced people are exceptional."
Old 04-03-2014, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Cold and over an inch of rain still grabbed 17 today.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2014, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

6.4% cancellation rate. 187 new ones so far. Its been cold so I haven't mailed much yet. Most of my mailing hits in the next week. Looking for 11% cancellation rate and 500 new sales. Can't take on much more than that with the trucks I have. What is everyone's cancellation rate goals?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2014, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klsgc View Post
6.4% cancellation rate. 187 new ones so far. Its been cold so I haven't mailed much yet. Most of my mailing hits in the next week. Looking for 11% cancellation rate and 500 new sales. Can't take on much more than that with the trucks I have. What is everyone's cancellation rate goals?
Posted via Mobile Device
I'd like to stay under 10% calculated by taking ytd cancelations divided by total programs active at end of prior fall. We have yet to break 8% this spring, hopefully won't.

Only sold 29 today. Didn't even seem that crazy. On track to do 110 this week, want to sell 160 next week. Should be doable with weather finally breaking as it is.
Posted via Mobile Device