Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-11-2014, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

And I would suggest putting the accuway adjustment inside the hopper so that the build up would be eliminated. You would just have to move it so as to drop the fert more near, or farther away from the center of the spinner.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:23 AM
Sponsor

Sprayboy, that's an interesting thought. Might be a little bit of a challenge to pull off from an engineering/manufacturing perspective though.

Riggle, can you say that again? Trying to visualize what you mean
Old 06-12-2014, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
And I would suggest putting the accuway adjustment inside the hopper so that the build up would be eliminated. You would just have to move it so as to drop the fert more near, or farther away from the center of the spinner.
The Accuway would not work then as it would not change where the prills hit the impeller. If you do that then you might as well get rid of it. I clean the accuway when I clean the impeller.

I love my country, but mistrust my government, and the government doesn't create jobs, it just takes my money and gives it to other people or groups it thinks it can bribe.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyker View Post
Sprayboy, that's an interesting thought. Might be a little bit of a challenge to pull off from an engineering/manufacturing perspective though.
I don't think so, I have it pictured in my head already.

Surely , engineers with degrees can figure it out.

Terry
Old 06-12-2014, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know how. The plate that opens and lets the fertilizer through is the throttle, the accuway positions it on the impeller. That has to be the last thing that the prills see. And to put the accuway in the hopper where the prills can breakdown and interfere with the movement is asking for problems. I have an associate degree in engineering and worked in a lab for 35 years. This will make it more complicated and with most things, simplicity rules.

I love my country, but mistrust my government, and the government doesn't create jobs, it just takes my money and gives it to other people or groups it thinks it can bribe.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We successfully corrected our spread pattern today on our T3000's by lowering/raising the Spyker impeller on the spinner shaft.

This advice came from TURFCO engineering. Thanks TURFCO.
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2014, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Way to go Larry. And thanks Spyker engineer.

To change the pattern from inside the hopper. You need to cover part of the opening so that the fert falls closer to the center of the spinner. Stays on the spinner longer. Adjustable, of course.
And cover the inner part of the opening so the fert falls farther from the center of the spinner, when that is needed. It leaves the spinner sooner.

Thin flat stainless steel slides would work. Maybe.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Larry, did you lower or raise the impeller?

Old 06-13-2014, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We lowered them slightly. Photos #1 & #2 actually show 2 different Spyker impellers. Both are exact regarding the fins & diameter. One impeller is designed for the T3000. The other was designed for the Spyker 288 push spreader. Yet both impellers are equally effective -- just have to adjust the height depending on prill size & amount of fert applied per acre. A cordless drill & a small drill bit = takes only about 10 seconds. I suspect our impellers will end up having 2 or 3 sets of holes so we can raise & lower as needed. And I don't think having these extra holes in the impeller column will hurt anything. While we were making the spread pattern adjustments, I noticed another spreader dial that failed. It was loose & hanging on just 2 of the 4 tabs. Glad we have spares.

We switched to a different fertilizer yesterday. XCU with "Prospect" (from Agrium). It is a slightly larger prill size compared to what we just finished using.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
I noticed another spreader dial that failed. It was loose & hanging on just 2 of the 4 tabs. Glad we have spares. .
So larry why do you think you have so many problems with the spreader dial and others don't ? mine has never broke granted you do more than me