Register free!

Old 06-28-2014, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Good point Terry. There is no way to increase the impeller speed on a T3000 unless the pulleys are changed. The impeller belt runs off 2 pulleys that are already small (about 3 inch diameter). I miss our Spyker 200 cuz we could (electrically) control the impeller speed by turning the dial.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyker View Post
I see your point jbturf, I had not thought about it like that. Definitely was not my intent. What would you suggest is an appropriate solution before we are able to make an engineering change?
How about providing free replacements on the black clips? I don't think any of us would abuse the courtesy. I've had my Z for about 6wks now and I've had one clip break and the replacement part has come out of the stainless retainer 3times in the last 2days.
Is there not a way to replace the black plastic clip with a stainless clip that screws in rather than snaps in (or even one that snaps in)? I know this will create the need for modifications on existing units, but I'm willing to do some extra work to guarantee I don't burn another lawn due to the dial clip breaking and allowing the hopper door to fully open.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Spraytek -- HUGE ditto.

Very frustrating spending $10,000 for a quality stand-on spreader/sprayer, and then a cheap 50 cent part fails on a regular basis. On top of that, one burns lawns, upsets customers, creates doubts in customers' minds, and then lose a few customers at the end of the year.

To me this is a "no-brainer" >>> replace the black plastic part with a stainless steel one, and make sure it "bolts in" instead of what's currently available (4 brittle plastic clips that snap off on a regular basis).
Old 07-09-2014, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am going to take a picture on my fix. I just tie wrapped to the stainless steel piece. Been like that for two years with no issues.

I love my country, but mistrust my government, and the government doesn't create jobs, it just takes my money and gives it to other people or groups it thinks it can bribe.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:00 AM
Sponsor

Bear with me guys, I'm working this issue. I'm documenting every known occurrence that I can get my hands on in order to build a formal case for an engineering change. Spraytek, do you mind PMing me your contact information? If anyone else has had this issue, please do the same.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyker View Post
Bear with me guys, I'm working this issue. I'm documenting every known occurrence that I can get my hands on in order to build a formal case for an engineering change. Spraytek, do you mind PMing me your contact information? If anyone else has had this issue, please do the same.
PM sent
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-10-2014, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've broken two. I don't understand why it's made out of plastic. It should be stainless and bolted to a stainless plate on the inside of the hopper. Plastic clips? Pretty chintzy.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I've pulled the dial knob off before on my 2010 z spray but I was able to pop it back in..... I was cleaning it and pulled the metal guide from the front. It stays now but I am careful to keep an eye on it when washing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-10-2014, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Spyker >> I get dibs on a new tee shirt cuz I brought up this issue. Size XL.