Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-08-2014, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Edging bid help

Iím bidding on a property for lawn maintenance I know what I charge for mowing by I never have bided on sidewalk and curb edging I was just checking to see if my price that I have come up with is even in the right ballpark. I measured all the sidewalks and curbing it comes out to 8,436 Feet. They require everything hulled off the property. The price I came up with is $1,300. Dose that sound close? What would your price be? Thans for the help
Old 04-08-2014, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLservice View Post
Iím bidding on a property for lawn maintenance I know what I charge for mowing by I never have bided on sidewalk and curb edging I was just checking to see if my price that I have come up with is even in the right ballpark. I measured all the sidewalks and curbing it comes out to 8,436 Feet. They require everything hulled off the property. The price I came up with is $1,300. Dose that sound close? What would your price be? Thans for the help
Your at 15 cents a foot

You using a stick edger or a walk behind edger Or you using a trimmer flip up

and how many guys are you having to edge

is all edges been edge before last year or are they edges that's never seen daylight
Old 04-08-2014, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Stick edger
2-3
About 50/50, itís at a school some areas are dirt from kids cutting the corners when walking and the stuff out back havenít been touched.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Stick edger
2-3
About 50/50, itís at a school some areas are dirt from kids cutting the corners when walking and the stuff out back havenít been touched.
I would price it by the hour for the first time
Sell your self tell them to give a fair price for both parties

Once all edges has been edge it wont take no time with stick edger

I do my School lawn

First year I tried sell my self I price it by the hour
Someone else did the same thing and they won it just the edging I stilled mowed it They was at 25 per hour and I was at $60 per hr
The cheap guy used trimmers to edge with 2 guys was there for 2 days edging It as funny but he made some money. School was mad they thought the guy would be using a edger not trimmers .

Last year one time I edge it in 5 hrs by myself with a stick edger
Most of the time I run 3 edgers but that day we was behind and I edged and my other 3 guys trimmed at same time. I always edge/trim before I mow that way the mower will suck up the mess and each section is cleaned up after mower is done.
I use the mowers to blow thing up. That save time on walking around with a blower.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

That sounds like a lot.

But it depends on when the last time (if ever ) it has been done

there's a big difference between 'edging' and cutting back several inches to a foot of "lawn" that has overgrown the sidewalks/pavement.