Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-05-2014, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Southern California Water Management

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/gene...ring-a-drought
Old 05-19-2014, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The whole master plan of the Los Angeles Baisn was to get water out, and they did one heck of a job, the city has some of the best drainage on the planet. But on the reverse side not much was ever planned for water storage, and still isn't, and with the politicial climate likely never will be.

I seriously doubt Bel Aire CC, Rivera CC, Los Angeles CC. El Caballero CC, and so on will ever cut water use.

I played the mentioned "Sunset Hills" cc in high school many times, theres a resivor close bye so water is not a problem. Its narrow and if you miss a fariway by much your in someones living room.

I remember when Industry Hills Open in the early 1980s, it didn't need much water. It was at tat time considered the Worlds "Toughest" Golf Course. I thin it was the fairways were extremely narrow, and if you missed the fairway you lost your ball, and you couldn't "lay up" because the fairways didn't start until 250 yards, so if you didn't hit it 250 yards you lost your ball. It was water wise.

Los Angeles City Courses have some great layouts. Rancho Park, Griffin Park, and several others, but they never took real good car of them, so water wont matter much for them.