Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-25-2003, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Member

labor camp info

That was very helpful info on the labor camps. I have been using college guys this summer to mow for me. But I think I might start using the Plano labor camp.
Old 07-26-2003, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Revision that customer is in McKinney on the west side of 75. Email or PM me for the number.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello guys,

my name is Shawn, I just found this site a week ago and love it... I have been on ----------.com but its so dead there... I found this place from http://mowproducts.itcstore.com/default.aspx?p=8312

They have great prices on edging blades

Anyways I have been working with a buddy for a few years and decided I wanted to do this on my own... unfortunatley I have to work out of the beater car until the end of next yr... however i am very professional

Well I will try to establish residential accounts in denton county, I live in the colony, so if you ever see me honk or stop to talk... ok it sounds like im trying to get a date or filling out a resume here so im looking forward to having y'all as friends...

thanks shawn
Old 07-27-2003, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Also my wife is an staff accountant, so if you guys need taxes, book keeping, or what ever you can email her @ ejolly@martinwcohen.com she will give you a great discount... just let her know your from the lawn site..

thanks shawn
Old 07-28-2003, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Member

McKinney customer

Hodge... what is the address for that McKinney customer? I live pretty close and could take a look at it.
You can email me at lawnstar@sprintpcs.com
Old 07-30-2003, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Lesco

Anyone use Lesco products in the DFW area? I was wondering who your sales associate was if you do.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys,

Everyone making the big bucks?? I hope so.

Shawn, welcome to lawnsite. I wish you well and think you'll find some valuable insight here.

We use Lesco quite often. Gary Johnson is who I deal with mainly.

Is there anyone who does work in the Lake Worth area?? We get calls every once and a while and would be happy to refer them. I lost the card of the guys we used to refer.

Remember, Fall is just around the corner. lol
Old 08-03-2003, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TurfGuyTX
Hey Guys,

Everyone making the big bucks?? I hope so.

Shawn, welcome to lawnsite. I wish you well and think you'll find some valuable insight here.

Thanks and hello... well I have only found 2 people to mow edge and trim for so far..... I passed out flyers down the street I live on last tuesday and received a call thursday for a yard.. then the neighbor came outside and asked if I would do his... Im hoping they will want me to come back this week.. I have to go to denton county to get my assume name certificate so I can get my business account going... compass has a special right now just like the free chcking... since I bank personally with compass im going to do the business acount there as well...

after doing all this monday I hope to pass out some more flyers a few blocks over... im just trying to get a customer base right now sine the season is almost over...

well stay safe and hydrated!!
Old 08-06-2003, 04:53 AM
LawnSite Member

well I finished all my paper work for my assumed name, business checing acount and tax id number today...

I passed out 50 flyers last tuesday and mowed edged and trimmed 2 yards... one may become regular... well hope everyone is doing good...

Im going to look into insurance this week.... im gonna try farmers first......
Old 08-06-2003, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well it sounds like your getting everything together. Don't get discouraged yet, this time of year usually gets us some additional work due to others quitting due to the heat and such. Do you have any t-shirts w/ your name and # on them? Try bartering with a local shop, it can help both of you. Good luck.