Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-06-2009, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
TXNS I am available everyday around noon for lunch.
Where exactly are you?

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 03-07-2009, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone read and watch the video on my Post?

It was a top news story yesterday. Brandt Lawn Service owner was killed in his home. I see Brandt Lawn Service all the time in Plano. I had no idea he lived 3 houses down from where I mowed. Some stations like 4 and 11 have even better footage of his crew and interviewed some of his neighbors.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, saw it on the news. Sorry, not all of us know him like you do. It is very sad but for us who don't know him it does not hit us the same.

About a month ago, Chris Martinez, a volunteer fire fighter that had a pest control business that lived around the corner from me that was shot in the street by a guest of a neighbor. I knew the guy and traded services with him. It hit me the same way it is hitting you, but to others it is not the same.

TXNS, I am in Burleson to Fort Worth to Arlington and hopefully soon into Weatherford. You say the word and I will let you buy me lunch No seriously I can afford my own but I am always willing to meet another contact.

There was a new guy out of Fort Worth that was talking about starting up the other day. I offered him a cup of coffee and a chance to explain that right now was not the time to drop a steady 40 hr job to go mow. He has not taken me up on it yet. I guess he doesn't like coffee.
Sub-contract Aerifying available too
Old 03-07-2009, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hmm I just through Brandt was a decent size. I thought he had maybe 2 vans. I just see him a lot in the Plano, Frisco, Mckinney areas and thought someone might have seen the vans.

It didn't hit me hard but rather a shock. I mow 3 doors down. Last year I would see there van over there with some guys. I was like man how long does it take to do a condo. They are just jacking around. Had no idea that was the owners house. I thought all lawn care people were rich, lived in big houses, drove trucks with long trailers with everything on it!

Old 03-08-2009, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post

TXNS, I am in Burleson to Fort Worth to Arlington and hopefully soon into Weatherford. You say the word and I will let you buy me lunch No seriously I can afford my own but I am always willing to meet another contact.
I definately like the contacts! We'll definately get together one of these days! That goes for everyone else on here as well! we need to be helpin eachother out in these times!

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 03-08-2009, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrunjason View Post
Anyone read and watch the video on my Post?

It was a top news story yesterday. Brandt Lawn Service owner was killed in his home. I see Brandt Lawn Service all the time in Plano. I had no idea he lived 3 houses down from where I mowed. Some stations like 4 and 11 have even better footage of his crew and interviewed some of his neighbors.
Sorry to hear that.
I wonder if it might be something like what happened to I guy I know a few years ago. He worked in the The Coloney area and mowed my brother in laws yard. He had some workers he had to pay in cash [if you know what I mean], well anyway some ex employees went to his house early the morning of payday and tied him up, tried to beat him to death, and stole the payrole cash. Luckly he did not die before they found him, but it took him a long time to recover.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Member

That is really sad. I dont know what to think about it. I fear for my familys safety all the time. I know we are all targets for robbery because of the equipment we have. When i use a new laborer that i dont know, i often wonder if this is the guy i will have to deal with. I was raised in San Diego and delt with people who have had to live in poverty and will take what they need to survive. Desperation does things to people and i think we will see more of this with this economy. keep your eyes open.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Does anyone here have or know someone that has the tailgate ramp on their truck? I would like to make sure my mini z can make it up one before I purchase one. Thanks
Old 03-08-2009, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

There is a trailer company in McKinney that will built them for you. TJ Justice's Just Mowing uses him to construct them on his trucks. I think it is like $1100 or so to remove bed, and make full blown trailer/bed.

Weird deal on brandt company. never heard of them before. residential? do irrigation?
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 03-11-2009, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I wish all you city boys would quite hogging all the rain today. I made plans to do some paper work and bids because of all the rain we were suppost to get today, but so for all we have gotten is not even a tenth of an inch. I need to lay some sod but did not want to prep the area and have it wash out so I may have waited for nothing. Dang we need some rain, makes me want to slap the weatherman.