Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-08-2010, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Member

I agree with outrunjason. I would love to be caught up mowing, but this rain will keep things growing instead of it all drying out further. Going to be a long busy weekend!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah. I hate giving up my weekends. But gotta pay the bills. I did get to 6 yards yesterday during a 2 hour break. Just tried to hit some of weekly ones.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This rain is going to help keep things going but I do wish it hadn't rained quite as much. I visited a few lawns thismorning after the rain stopped and they are pretty soggy. I'm hoping maybe thisafternoon I can get a few in but I'm not too optimistic. On a bright note, I get an order of doorhangers in thisafternoon so i can start putting those out!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's still coming down in buckets in the Burleson/Mansfield area. If I put my Z's on anything today I'm afraid I'll tear them up pretty bad. Yesterday my 21's were leaving ruts in the low spots.

Woody82986, Have you put put door hangars this late before? How are they working for you?
Old 09-08-2010, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrew View Post
It's still coming down in buckets in the Burleson/Mansfield area. If I put my Z's on anything today I'm afraid I'll tear them up pretty bad. Yesterday my 21's were leaving ruts in the low spots.

Woody82986, Have you put put door hangars this late before? How are they working for you?
I never have tried them before. I didn't order too many. I figured I'd give it a try though. It's been my experience with other advertizing avenues that I have good luck picking up new clients this time of year. That's why I'm doing a small batch now... just to see what comes of it. If it works I might do more this time next year. If it doesn't work then now I know and I can concentrate on other things. Either way, I'm only out $150 and the time it takes to get them out in my spare time.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good Luck with them, let us know how it works out. I just looked at your web site. You're covering a bunch of territory!

Mike
Old 09-08-2010, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrew View Post
Good Luck with them, let us know how it works out. I just looked at your web site. You're covering a bunch of territory!

Mike
I don't really cover that much territory. Most of those places I have no lawns in. I used to have a one day route that took me on a big horseshoe around those areas that let me take it easy and keep track of new developments. I don't deal with that route anymore. I really should take a bunch of those areas out before I get a I should get rid of. I will make sure to post my findings on the doorhangers at this point in the season.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Sponsor

Hi, my name is Robin with Adeas Printing. We constantly heard the struggle distributors face when the traditional die cut hole door hangers wouldn't fit or would easily fall off the knobs and end up in the yard. Our solution is our Band-It & Stick-It style Door Hangers. You can feel confident it will reach every door and with the Stick-It feature now your customer can put it on their fridge like a magnet and keep your information at hand and in view.

1000 Hangers - Full color / gloss / 4.25 x 11 / Band-It Stick-It Combo Style
$99 INCLUDES FREE CUSTOM DESIGN - FREE SHIPPING & FREE RUSH PROCESSING!

2500 Hangers - Full color / gloss / 4.25 x 11 / Band-It Style
$179 INCLUDES FREE CUSTOM DESIGN - FREE SHIPPING & FREE RUSH PROCESSING!
($199 with both Band-It and Stick-It on each hanger)

or 5,000 for $295
($349 with both Band-It and Stick-It on each hanger)

Call now or visit our website & tell them ROBIN SENT ME FROM LAWNSITE.COM 866-778-4254 or www.adeasprinting.com/door-hangers

Thanks for your time!
Robin Christopherson
robin@adeasprinting.com
Old 09-08-2010, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice but who has the time to peel and stick at every house.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody82986 View Post
I don't really cover that much territory. Most of those places I have no lawns in. I used to have a one day route that took me on a big horseshoe around those areas that let me take it easy and keep track of new developments. I don't deal with that route anymore. I really should take a bunch of those areas out before I get a I should get rid of. I will make sure to post my findings on the doorhangers at this point in the season.
What have you found to be the best at getting leads? This time of year.