Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-09-2010, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am back home again. Just pouring over here in Richardson. We did 4 yards and that was pretty much in the rain. Forget it.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrunjason View Post
I am back home again. Just pouring over here in Richardson. We did 4 yards and that was pretty much in the rain. Forget it.
I managed to get in a full day in Flower Mound today... I had my fingers crossed the whole time. I'm still behind by 7 lawns though.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopelawn View Post
What have you found to be the best at getting leads? This time of year.
For me it has always been my website this time of year. Being handy in the search results when weeks like this happen with all the rain is gold! I have been getting emails left and right this week wanting service because they cant get to their lawns with the rain. I also find that leaning on clients to spit out some referrals this time of year is also pretty good. You get the people who havent been pleased this season with their current company and are looking for excuses to swap companies. A friend referral is typically all they need.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrunjason View Post
Nice but who has the time to peel and stick at every house.
I wasn't sure if you were referring to having the time to door hang in general or your thought was our Door Hanger Stick-It would take longer than the typical hole and slit style. In case it was the reference to our hanger itself, I thought you may want to see this post we found on another forum where one of our customers was telling other Window Cleaning companies about his success with our Stick-It style Door Hanger.

HERE IS THE POST:
Stick It Doorhangers Tip

I recently found and ordered 5k of their stick it door hangers and they are awesome, cuts your time down easily by half when going around door to door putting out either fliers or door hangers etc

I love them, ordering 20k more soon they stick to pretty much anything no more bending down for us old farts just stick them onto a glass door or next to their driveway and they aren't going anywhere!! I have the door hangers and you simply peel off a small piece of paper on the back of them and stick them any place. Has save me a ton of bending and opening storm doors to place fliers.

watch the video on their website its www.adeasprinting.com i highly recommend you give them a try.

tip 2

If you get one of those annoying snobs when doing door hangers saying you can't leave fliers in the area, just peel one of these babies back and stick it to their forehead and walk on. ha ha

tip 3

run like hell
Old 09-14-2010, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody82986 View Post
For me it has always been my website this time of year. Being handy in the search results when weeks like this happen with all the rain is gold! I have been getting emails left and right this week wanting service because they cant get to their lawns with the rain. I also find that leaning on clients to spit out some referrals this time of year is also pretty good. You get the people who havent been pleased this season with their current company and are looking for excuses to swap companies. A friend referral is typically all they need.
Thanks for the info. Im working on putting my website together. Im using a pretty good logo design company for a quality logo and website. Most of my customers have came from word of mouth as well.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's cool. I hope the design company isn't charging you a ton for the design work. I did my website and my logo design myself but I'm considering hiring a company to provide me with an updated and finalized logo to start using in the offseason.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Sponsor

Ztr mowers full warranty great price

Toro
74448 21hp kawasaki 48" $6350 1 unit left
74449 21hp kawasaki 52" $6750 1 unit left

snapper

s150 27 hp kohler 52" $6250 1 unit left
s200 27 hp kohler 61" $6550 2 units left

ferris
is500 24hp els briggs 44" $4450 1 unit left
is500 26hp els briggs 61" $5550 1 unit left
is1500 28hp big block briggs 61" $6400 2 units left
is2000 27hp kawasaki 61" $7950 2 units left

grasshopper
223 23hp kohler 52" $6935

redmax only a few units left
bcz2650t trimmer $276
chtz2401 hedge clipper $355
chtz2250 hedge clipper $255
ebz7001 blower $435
ebz8050 blower $470
hb250 blower $145

ztr units can be delivered with in 40 miles of downtown dallas free of charge. No free freight on redmax

in stock units only.

Call russell 8am-5pm 214-437-0326
"We are here to help"
Old 09-16-2010, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody82986 View Post
That's cool. I hope the design company isn't charging you a ton for the design work. I did my website and my logo design myself but I'm considering hiring a company to provide me with an updated and finalized logo to start using in the offseason.

Well, the logo company is charging about $600, but that includes my logo that can be trademarked, buisness cards, a couple other stationary products with logo on it, like 3 logos to choose from or use for different things, 3 page website with all the important features, 24/7 web support and a few other perks. I am looking for a logo that can be trademarked and is original. Not to bad compared to some of the other logo design companies. Also, I saw some of there previous web page designs...very professional.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopelawn View Post
Well, the logo company is charging about $600, but that includes my logo that can be trademarked, buisness cards, a couple other stationary products with logo on it, like 3 logos to choose from or use for different things, 3 page website with all the important features, 24/7 web support and a few other perks. I am looking for a logo that can be trademarked and is original. Not to bad compared to some of the other logo design companies. Also, I saw some of there previous web page designs...very professional.
what company? I am very interested.

Thanks
Old 09-22-2010, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StihlMechanic View Post
what company? I am very interested.

Thanks
The company is Infinity. Stay on the site for a few minutes and a chat box will come floating across the page, click it and chat with the rep. If show interest they will find a promo for ya. This is how I got this quote. Here is the web site address...
http://www.infinitylogodesign.com/offer-brand/