Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-08-2011, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I am going stir crazy. If it snows tomorrow I'm going out with my BR550 BP blower and knocking on doors to blow snow. Worked really well at my house last week and hoping to make some scratch. Who's with me?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Member

bedford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Cutter View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site but have been in the business for the past nine years. Looking to grow it big this year. Add new equipment and aiming to have 50+ customers. Currently have 13 weekly or Bi-weekly customers. Live in Bedford and my area is pretty much here in Bedford but also do one in S. Keller. Looking to get more there around Davis and N. Tarrant in S. Keller and N. N.R.H. Also picked up two in Roanoke off an ad, don't know if they will go permanent or just an occasional basis but wouldn't mind having more in that area. Nice yards, not too big, nice neighborhood, can usually charge more in those areas. Also have a few duplexes, anyone else have some of those or know how much to charge for them. Concerned that I may be charging too much for them. Don't want to lose them but don't want to cheat myself either. Also looking to get a trailer. Found a brand new 6.5 x 12 landscapers trailer. Tandem 3500 lb. axles, 2 x 2 mesh lock box one weed eater rack, 4' mesh sides and ramp. New dealer trying to start up in the area selling it for $1525, made by stagecoach and has a one year warranty. Anyone know about stagecoach and how good they are? Checked prices and an equivalent trailer from Big Tex is $2449. Thanks in advance. Happy Mowing!

Brandon Moore
Just A.S.K. Lawn Service :blob3:
i live in bedford and do lawns there as well, do you do any in the rustic woods neighborhood area?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StihlMechanic View Post
Well I am going stir crazy. If it snows tomorrow I'm going out with my BR550 BP blower and knocking on doors to blow snow. Worked really well at my house last week and hoping to make some scratch. Who's with me?
I ain't going out there! Too dang cold for this fatboy
Old 02-09-2011, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
I ain't going out there! Too dang cold for this fatboy
LOL. I changed my mind. Too cold.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Member

So is everyone getting ready for Spring?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkelly17 View Post
So is everyone getting ready for Spring?
Getting ready my arse, I'm already behind. I hope the soil temp doesn't jump too fast but with these 75 degree days and 62 at 5 this morning I'm hoping some of my Pre-m apps are not too late.

Why does it seem everybody calls when we have a couple warm days and want to know if you can be there tommorrow?
Old 02-18-2011, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Getting ready my arse, I'm already behind. I hope the soil temp doesn't jump too fast but with these 75 degree days and 62 at 5 this morning I'm hoping some of my Pre-m apps are not too late.

Why does it seem everybody calls when we have a couple warm days and want to know if you can be there tommorrow?

By and large nobody does any planning anymore. People are used to getting exactly what they want right now. They don't realize that with some service industries we might have a schedule to keep. And then there are the a-holes that know we have a schedule and they need to plan ahead and they just don't care. They think they are the only person we need to take care of. I had a lady call at noon today asking if I could get her property spring clean up taken care of by 3pm. I laughed so hard she hung up on me.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody got any 1st hand experience doing large open area mowing. Public sector, ball fields, school properties?
Old 03-11-2011, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPnTX View Post
Anybody got any 1st hand experience doing large open area mowing. Public sector, ball fields, school properties?
In my past experience I made more per hour on residential lawns
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2011, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody82986 View Post
By and large nobody does any planning anymore. People are used to getting exactly what they want right now. They don't realize that with some service industries we might have a schedule to keep. And then there are the a-holes that know we have a schedule and they need to plan ahead and they just don't care. They think they are the only person we need to take care of. I had a lady call at noon today asking if I could get her property spring clean up taken care of by 3pm. I laughed so hard she hung up on me.
I have had a few of these calls lately. It really pisses me off to as to how inconsiderate the people are that want you to jump right now. They have no clue how busy you are and they usually want it done for nothing. I have begun to tell them all I am busy and that I will get to them at a time I arrange with them. If they can't wait a few hours or a day then do I really want them as customers? Probably not!