Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-12-2013, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone know of any lawn companies for sale in the area? Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-10-2013, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Well crap
Once again the rain missed us and it is dry. We need some good rain with runoff soon or it is going to be a bad summer again in my area.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2013, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Is everyone else behind and worn out already like me? It is only June but the way my year has been going I need a 3 day break already but does not look like that is going to happen anytime soon lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2013, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Is everyone else behind and worn out already like me? It is only June but the way my year has been going I need a 3 day break already but does not look like that is going to happen anytime soon lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure what temps are like in your area but we've been lucky do far here cause we had 2 straight weeks of rain wh.ch kept temps lower....im taking off thurs-sun for 4th of July and a long weekend in august which will really help break up the summer. If this month doesnt end up being too bad as far as temps are concerned we really only have July and august which is 8 weeks so im cool with it...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-06-2013, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
There was another post for TX that I responded to, but that was more west of us. I run in Frisco, Little Elm, The Colony, Oak Point area. Just received my TDA license and working on insurance and equipment... any suggestions would be great...

Other than maintenance what else do you guy work on... needing somebody with expertise in deck building and natural stone work...
Try The Hartford for insurance. Many people tried to beat the rate I had but they all failed. My insurance is through USAA but I had to switch to Progressive because The Hartford does not insure CDL type stuff.

Is anyone going to the TNLA Expo in Dallas next month? I'll be there for four days doing the CEU class's and checking out the Expo before I head south on Saturday.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 07-07-2013, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys. I am just looking for a little info on the TDA commercial applicator exams. More specifically, how are they structured. Of the General, Laws and Regs, and Ornamental/Turf exams, are they all multiple choice? Fill in the blank? a mix of both? I'm about ready to register for the exams in the coming months but I just wanted to know how the exams were structured. Any info would be helpful. I did a search on Lawnsite and online and couldn't find any actual info about the exams themselves. Thanks guys!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It's all multiple choice. I think I took three 100 question exams. Get the study guide. Call TDA and you can buy the study guide.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 07-07-2013, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the info! I searched high and low for that answer and couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks again!
Old 07-07-2013, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody82986 View Post
Thanks for the info! I searched high and low for that answer and couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks again!
I was peeking at your website. Be care about using cheap and discounts as a major sales tool. You can attract the wrong type of clients who's only loyalty is to the all mighty dollar.

You have to have commercial liability insurance to have an applicators license. Once you start getting commercial liability, commercial auto insurance, employees, 941 taxes, and a dedicated work truck things get expensive. It's easy to paint your self into a corner using cheap prices but very difficult to get out of it.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the advice, but I have had commercial liability insurance, commercial auto insurance and all the tools and equipment I have needed for over 10 years now. I'm not new to the rodeo. I just haven't decided to get into herbicide side of things until now. And I might actually get one person out of 10 that even sees my specials page on my website. It's definitely not used as a major sales tool. It does it's job though. Most just go straight for the estimate request page and submit a request. I gain more business through networking and referrals than I ever do through any special pricing. Thank you for reminding me about my website though! I need to update it in a few areas!