Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-28-2006, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnaholic
nt1, where are you located in North Texas? Anywhere near Grand Prairie?
Service areas mostly in the north / northeast areas of Dallas and a little in garland & mesquite.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nt1
Service areas mostly in the north / northeast areas of Dallas and a little in garland & mesquite.
oh ok. nevermind then, that's quite a hike to G.P. We have a place here that let's you dump it for free...
Old 03-29-2006, 03:02 AM
LawnSite Member

?

2nd yr in business and getting accounts like crazy (75 res. and 4com.) and growing i due all ftw arl. crowley, mansfield so someone thats barely starting biz. interested on taking over _3res. (35)(30)(30)_ accounts in arl. email me at texas_untouchable@yahoo.com (just want to help out the the new lawn guys out there)
Old 03-29-2006, 06:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am getting frustrated already

I got a new customer about 3 weeks ago in Plano. When we went to do her lawn I asked for payment to be left. I got there the gate was locked so we only mowed the front. I called her and she said I forgot to unlock the gate and she forgot to leave payment. She said she would like for me to come out every 2 weeks. Well She calls me 3 days later and says she wants to cancel that she didn't like the edging? I don't get that often. I thought that was suspicious. I explained some things to her told her we would try to do a better job. So, she said ok can you do some fertilizaion. I said sure. Well I did that. I called her and said ok now next week we will be out on this day please leave a check and I gave her the amount. It was like 85 something. She said ok just call me when you get there as I only work 5 min away and can meet your for payment.

I get there and call her she didn't answer. Tried a few more times no answer. So, now it has been 20 min and we leave. Now I called her the day after and she said that we didn't trim behind her fence in the alley. But, we couldn't she has an electronic gate gowing across it. There are no cut throughs between the houses. I sure aint driving around to the back and stopping the truck in the alley. So, she wants no more services. Fine with me I am done with customer. Tuesday she was to leave payment for me. I drive all the way over there and nothing was there. I called she said sorry, I will have it there tomorrow. I called her the next morning and said that I would be on my way to get the check. She said oh I forgot about it. I said well then I am going to be there sometime around 2. Please leave it for me to pick up underneath the front matt. She said ok. I get there at 2 guess what no check nothing. So, I went back out there at 6:00 pm and now I am pissed.

I banged on that door and no answer. Still no check and she will not answer my calls as she has done just fine over the last couple of days. I open the gate to the back and grab a baseball bat that was laying there and had it just incase there dog was out. It's huge. I went around to the back no cars where there and no sign of anyone home. Man I looked in the windows and everything. I want my money. I am tired of those people that don't pay. So, this morning I am heading over there at 5:00 and I am going to sit there until she gets ready to leave for work. When she opens that sliding gate to back out I am going to confront her.

Has anyone ever been in this situation? I personally don't care if it is 20 bucks or 200 I feel I should be paid. Sorry for all the info just thought someone else could relate.

Jason
Old 03-29-2006, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Recycle

Lawnaholic

Where in Grand Prairie is that?
Old 03-29-2006, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hollywood
Lawnaholic

Where in Grand Prairie is that?
Central G.P., on Carrier Pkwy just south of the G.P. police station. The business' name is G.P. Rental and it's located near the corner of Dickie Rd. and Carrier Pkwy. Here's the tel. # 972-263-4456. Tell 'em Vic sent you.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrunjason
I got a new customer about 3 weeks ago in Plano. When we went to do her lawn I asked for payment to be left. I got there the gate was locked so we only mowed the front. I called her and she said I forgot to unlock the gate and she forgot to leave payment. She said she would like for me to come out every 2 weeks. Well She calls me 3 days later and says she wants to cancel that she didn't like the edging? I don't get that often. I thought that was suspicious. I explained some things to her told her we would try to do a better job. So, she said ok can you do some fertilizaion. I said sure. Well I did that. I called her and said ok now next week we will be out on this day please leave a check and I gave her the amount. It was like 85 something. She said ok just call me when you get there as I only work 5 min away and can meet your for payment.

I get there and call her she didn't answer. Tried a few more times no answer. So, now it has been 20 min and we leave. Now I called her the day after and she said that we didn't trim behind her fence in the alley. But, we couldn't she has an electronic gate gowing across it. There are no cut throughs between the houses. I sure aint driving around to the back and stopping the truck in the alley. So, she wants no more services. Fine with me I am done with customer. Tuesday she was to leave payment for me. I drive all the way over there and nothing was there. I called she said sorry, I will have it there tomorrow. I called her the next morning and said that I would be on my way to get the check. She said oh I forgot about it. I said well then I am going to be there sometime around 2. Please leave it for me to pick up underneath the front matt. She said ok. I get there at 2 guess what no check nothing. So, I went back out there at 6:00 pm and now I am pissed.

I banged on that door and no answer. Still no check and she will not answer my calls as she has done just fine over the last couple of days. I open the gate to the back and grab a baseball bat that was laying there and had it just incase there dog was out. It's huge. I went around to the back no cars where there and no sign of anyone home. Man I looked in the windows and everything. I want my money. I am tired of those people that don't pay. So, this morning I am heading over there at 5:00 and I am going to sit there until she gets ready to leave for work. When she opens that sliding gate to back out I am going to confront her.

Has anyone ever been in this situation? I personally don't care if it is 20 bucks or 200 I feel I should be paid. Sorry for all the info just thought someone else could relate.

Jason
Collect the JustMowIt way. Send them a certified return receipt demand of payment letter advising that within 15 days you will file an affidavit to claim a lien against their property. If they donít pay file a lien. It only costs $16 to file a lien. And donít repeatedly call them or stop by their house that can be considered harassment.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A lien? The told me that I couldn't do that. I have filed on several people from last year just civil. They just serve them with papers and then they never show up. But to get a default judgement I have to pay another $155 bucks, see the judge and get him to approve. It is called writ of abstract. But, I have not done that. But the lady this morning. I did it and she payed. I wasn't playin. She did say this could be harrasment. I said I will I bet a judge would see it as more of collecting payment. I am just glad the pressure worked and I didn't have to waist my time at the courts again.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrunjason

Jason

Don't work without a contract, and the first months payment before you start work.

spray truck for sale http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=366891
Old 03-30-2006, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Member

looking for a (cheap price) used toro 21in commercial mower, mine got jacked plz help asap!!