Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-30-2006, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eight1seven
looking for a (cheap price) used toro 21in commercial mower, mine got jacked plz help asap!!
eight1seven, give me a call. i emailed you my number and i also sent you a private message w/ my number on it as well. we can also discuss the three residentials you have in Arlington...
Old 04-02-2006, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Need Help Setting Up Texas Sales Tax In Qb Pro 2006

Hello .
I am in need of some better brain power than I have . I am trying to set up the nightmarish Texas sale tax in QB any help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED . THANKS Twj
Old 04-04-2006, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

TWJ,

In 2005 pro, you add each city and it's rate as an "item list". Go to List at the top, choose "item list" You an then add new by right clicking. Just name your tax (such as Dallas), and give it the rate.

You can find rates of all cities here: http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/local/city.html

Lemme know if you have any problems....assuming 2006 is similar to 2005
Old 04-04-2006, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Door hanger update

Wanted to post more door hanger response rate. Fliers were distributed by H&H in 3 different weeks, each 2 weeks apart.

As of now (April 3rd), we have signed up 43 new mow and go clients from passing out 26,000 door hangers.

I have signed up 12 new full service clients for my other truck in a higher end area from 11,000 fliers. I have also gotten a few one time jobs (clean ups).

Got another batch going out this week.

Any one else have any response rate info to share??? GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Jeff
Old 04-04-2006, 08:24 AM
LawnSite Member

z,

Excellent response rate congratulations!

Are your flyers going up solo, or with other flyers???

What are they charging???

Ace flyer has done 2 runs for me this year covering Allen and McKinney,

30,000 flyers per run, and I have not even gotten 50 good calls, have gotten about 12 new jobs, mowing w/ Fert and Weed control.

Professional looking flyer from graphic designer green ink on tan paper, half page.

spray truck for sale http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=366891
Old 04-24-2006, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_clark
Wanted to post more door hanger response rate. Fliers were distributed by H&H in 3 different weeks, each 2 weeks apart.

As of now (April 3rd), we have signed up 43 new mow and go clients from passing out 26,000 door hangers.

I have signed up 12 new full service clients for my other truck in a higher end area from 11,000 fliers. I have also gotten a few one time jobs (clean ups).

Got another batch going out this week.

Any one else have any response rate info to share??? GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Jeff
What kind of flyer's do you make? Who makes them? What type of cost? What kind of cost to have them distributed? Looks like you had a great return. Thank you,

Kevin

http://www.cookseyslawncare.com
Old 04-24-2006, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Door hangers!

Door hanger response in April was FANTASTIC! Peak responce last week of March....when I got 10 one day.

We have gotten 1 quality sign up per 400 hangers. This 1 per 400 number is calculated on the total door hangers out this season. They went out 5 separate times to the EXACT same homes every 2 weeks. We have put out 40 thousand....thus have 100 new quality weekly customers this year!

I have not put out fliers in the last 3 weeks...we got a bit over whelmed...lack of labor being part of the problem, and not wanting to over do it. I am still signing up 1 to 4 daily from the hangers, but turning many of the trashy ones down...the ones that want service every other week, or that are just difficult to deal with on the phone.

Have stated it previously, but to answer your question: Printing done by www.dallasprint.com (Nick there is great)
distributed by H&H Distributing 817-429-1872

Any one want to report on how their season is going??? Would love to know!
Old 04-24-2006, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well I have to say I was shocked at what I got this year.

Usually every year we put out flyers ourselves when we are not busy. Well this time I hired H & H. I am just a small business and it cost about 1,500 with flyers and distrubting. Thats a lot for me. Well they put out 500 one week and the responses was not like I wanted it. But the second week was awesome. I usually keep track of who called, where from, etc. I didn't even try this time. I would say that I had about 50 calls. But for me that is a lot. I don't even know how many I signed up. We had a whole new look on our flyer this year and I think that made a difference also. Oh, and I got a call from 2 duplexes. I don't even advertise to duplexes when I put out flyers so I was shocked they even called. $25 bucks for that small yard, sure I'll do it.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Message for Outrunjason

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrunjason
Ok for the first time this year I am going to use a company to put out my fliers. We just don't have any open days to do it. It is so much easier.

Question please tell me what company? Ace, H & H, Reed? I here bad things about some of these companies. I don't want my flyers dumped. I can barley afford to do this as it is.

Jason
Outrunjason,
You posted an email that I can't find now (of course...) mentioning something about your H2B work visas had been delayed by the government until after April. May I ask how you went about applying for these visas? Did you use a company or did you do all of the paperwork yourself? Would appreciate any info from anyone on this subject. THANKS!!

mowinforalivin
Old 04-24-2006, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think you have me confused with someone else. I am straight up white. Oh wait it's April I am now brown thanks to the sun. I will be almost black next month.