Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-30-2007, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

ok this is short notice but is anyone mowing today? I am so behind right now. Is it ok to mow on Sunday as I have never done that before but I just might have to.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrunjason View Post
ok this is short notice but is anyone mowing today? I am so behind right now. Is it ok to mow on Sunday as I have never done that before but I just might have to.
We may spray some speedzone at some commerical sites sunday.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, I was just wanting to see if anyone was working if possible. I have 60 yards today. I guess not to many as others but enough. Also has anyone mowed on Sunday's? Do people get upset or will they be just glad to get there lawn mowed.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Member

With 3 guys you should be able to knock that out by tomorrow afternoon if we don't get too much rain this afternoon! I would try to not make a habit of it but with the rain this week I think they may understand that you are just trying to get caught up if you did have some leftover for Sunday. Don't start to early and they should be allright.

spray truck for sale http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=366891
Old 03-30-2007, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, Jason. Yeah, I am not working today. I did that yesterday morning and got either drizzle or rained on for a little over 2 hours. It was just nasty. Today it is super muddy and wet and I would rather have 60 decent looking yards or better than wet ugly stained concrete yards. With 3 guys we only seem to get about 23 done in about an 8 hour period. With 10 hours I guess we could do more. So, I guess I will hit the ground running on Saturday and work 10 hours and and then another 10 on Sunday. Then we have rain forecasted for what Tuesday and Wednesday now?

By the way anyone notice that the forecast have not been that accurate at all and one station varies from another. Not to knock but man they day they say it is going to rain I don't go out and miss out on a whole day and they day they don't say it will rain till late I get hit early in the morning.

I finally just put the laptop in the truck and just watched the radar myself.

Jason
Old 03-30-2007, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, experts what to do here. Man what a lot of rain. I stayed home all day today. Now it's work tomorrow or not? If it does dry up at all it will just be a messy muddy day tomorrow I am guessing. If I do mow are customers going to be upset with the green tracks on there concrete, lines in the yard, and divits?

I seriously am just thinking screw it I am behind this much why not just wait till Monday and get it done.

What do ya think?

Jason
Old 03-31-2007, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 4 lawns from Thursday's schedule that I couldn't get done today. I am going to get them taken care of tomorrow. If there was more than that, I would probably just wait on Monday and just push the whole schedule back. I can't justify only jacking up 4 schedules. I am watching it rain outside from my sunroom window right now. I will probably wait until 9 or so tomorrow morning and get after it. I got 4 done today in between rainstorms.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know of a website for Tarrant County that lists lot sizes in square feet. I have been trying to use the Tarrant County Appraisal District site but it hardly ever lists the lot size in square feet for the addresses I am plugging in. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

try zillow.com
and God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, Gen.1:11
All praise, all power, glory & majesty to The Holy One of Israel, the One which is, which was & which is to come
Old 04-08-2007, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm in the Crowley area...i always ask my clients before hand about mowing on sunday....if they go to church i try and do it during that time since i do not attend church...most of my clients just want their lawn done, don't care when it is just get it done