Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2012, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lino9408 View Post
Good to hear were exactly in cary are you?
I'm running things out of my house right now, but prob. by fall I'm looking into renting out a small shop space. I'm around where sage products is, and kaper park.

Gravely
Scag
Ferris
Echo
Stihl
Old 03-31-2012, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Member

That's good,don't rush into things and yes I'm fimiliar with the area. When your looking for a shop do research on the zoning and similar landscape related issuses so you don't have problems later on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-31-2012, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lino9408 View Post
That's good,don't rush into things and yes I'm fimiliar with the area. When your looking for a shop do research on the zoning and similar landscape related issuses so you don't have problems later on.
Posted via Mobile Device
I hear you on problems, my biggest issue right now is all my landscape waste (I generate about 10-15 yards a week), i pile it all along the side of my house, and dump it off every monday. Only during the summer it smells, but surprisingly, my neighbors who surround me, don't mind at all, they ask me if they can drop 1-2 yard waste bags they had from the weekend, and there's no real problem. The only people with a problem is the village, and they don't live next door to me!

Where in woodstock do you run your operation out of? Since it's woodstock, i'd assume a farm or something right?

Gravely
Scag
Ferris
Echo
Stihl
Old 03-31-2012, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitelawnteam1 View Post
I hear you on problems, my biggest issue right now is all my landscape waste (I generate about 10-15 yards a week), i pile it all along the side of my house, and dump it off every monday. Only during the summer it smells, but surprisingly, my neighbors who surround me, don't mind at all, they ask me if they can drop 1-2 yard waste bags they had from the weekend, and there's no real problem. The only people with a problem is the village, and they don't live next door to me!

Where in woodstock do you run your operation out of? Since it's woodstock, i'd assume a farm or something right?
We are on rt 47 going north past 176 west. we rent about 10 acres and dont have any neighbors to complain but the village does about the smallest things. And ya once you start growing the village finally tells you to move your operation from your house...we've been there.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Peoria IL Here.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Member

bloomingdale/hanover park/roselle area
Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Hillsboro Area, Central Illinois.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Any around the chicago land area,

selling a enclosed trailer either 7-8 ft wide and 16ft-20ft long, must have a ramp. Prefer to have a pintle hitch but its ok if it doesnt, also in good or somewhat good condition.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

North Aurora here

Finished my 1st season with decent results. I had 10 steady customers. Looking to triple business. I do not do this full time. I am a full time firefighter. I enjoy making people's lawns look good.

Looking to add smaller commercial accounts. I have a Toro 36". I am ok with walking. I lost over 50 pounds.

Anyone selling a good trailer. I have one that works but looking for bigger and more efficient. Like a 14ft. dual axal/gate.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Romeoville, IL

Starting my second season here. Had a pretty good season with 12 weekly customers and a ton of one hit wonders and clean -ups. Hopefully there's no drought this season, all the missed snow can bring a moderate spring rain for a great cutting season.