Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-09-2014, 05:38 PM
trock trock is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 271
So after paying your buddy your willing to do this work for $10.00 per hour???
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-09-2014, 05:45 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,426
Do you have a pole saw
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-09-2014, 05:45 PM
buckhunterjb buckhunterjb is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 25
those trees are like tooth picks on the top they shouldn't take to much to cut up. im going to cut the logs into 2-3 foot logs and stack them in the ditch. I do asphalt for a living, but this is one of my plowing accounts and he wants me to take down these trees. I think $1500 is a lot of money or but I may be under estimating myself.. how long would u expect this to take with me and another guy. thanks guys
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-09-2014, 05:47 PM
buckhunterjb buckhunterjb is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
So after paying your buddy your willing to do this work for $10.00 per hour???
no way ha-ha I wouldn't touch this for anything under $25 hour cash.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-09-2014, 05:48 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhunterjb View Post
those trees are like tooth picks on the top they shouldn't take to much to cut up. im going to cut the logs into 2-3 foot logs and stack them in the ditch. I do asphalt for a living, but this is one of my plowing accounts and he wants me to take down these trees. I think $1500 is a lot of money or but I may be under estimating myself.. how long would u expect this to take with me and another guy. thanks guys
2 days

Them being toothpicks adds a whole other problem.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-09-2014, 05:48 PM
buckhunterjb buckhunterjb is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Do you have a pole saw
Posted via Mobile Device
yes I do but I can drop them trees all in one. and if they happen to get caught up I can pull them down with my truck and strap
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-09-2014, 06:06 PM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,392
20 mh's, $25 an hour wouldn't get me out of the yard.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-09-2014, 06:08 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhunterjb View Post
yes I do but I can drop them trees all in one. and if they happen to get caught up I can pull them down with my truck and strap
That's not the problem. These trees aren't going to fall like an oak. They're just going to snap once you cut 3/4 off the way through.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-09-2014, 06:19 PM
buckhunterjb buckhunterjb is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 25
ok well what do u suggest I do.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-09-2014, 06:30 PM
easy-lift guy's Avatar
easy-lift guy easy-lift guy is online now
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Venice, FL. USA
Posts: 2,086
Without knowing your experience level and weather or not your carrying any insurance for this type of work I believe you would be better off subbing the job out to someone else and charge a slight margin for the job.
Taking on the job without enough experience and knowledge on how much to charge may be a disaster in the making.
easy-lift guy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 PM.

Page generated in 0.06803 seconds with 8 queries