Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-18-2003, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Member

any vermonters??

are there any vermonters checking this out??
Old 03-18-2003, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope! That's the only state not allowed to visit here. Not sure how you got through, but they'll be knocking on your door shortly.

Welcome to Lawnsite. There's a few from your corner of the world posting here. I'll hopefully be visiting your area in the next week or so.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This belongs on the network forum.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Rutland here!.....Nice to see a fellow Vermonter. The snow is melting (finally) and I think spring is just around the corner. This is my first year in business (part-time) so I may have a question or two for you, if you don't mind. :
Old 03-23-2003, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Member

hey harp,
it is good to hear from another vter. let me know if you have any questions. i am waiting impatiently for the snow to go. there are patches of grass showing. i actually raked a small piece at my house!! the unfortunate part of this is that it will surely snow again before all is said and done.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:38 AM
LawnSite Member

The skiing was lousy this Sunday, so I'm praying we've seen the last of the snow. I'm ready for some warm weather and sunshine.
I'd be interested to hear about your business, (equipment, what you do, type of accounts, etc). Do you do fetilizer apps? How was the test if you do?
I've been interested in lawn stuff since forever but only really started to learn after finding this site. This will be my first official year in business, and I'm doing fairly well with 2 commercial and 2 residential accts. and some estimates pending. I have a regular job (which I hate), so my priority has been to get quality accts rather than quantity. I purchased an Exmark 48" tthp, an Echo handheld blower, and an Echo trimmer last year. I use a 5 x 8 trailer that I had built years ago, which I'll start with, but I really would like a bigger trailer. Any local sources, at reasonable prices? The southern guys seem to get their trailers for next to nothing.
Any info you can share is really appreciated....Thanks again.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Member

hey harp, the weather is beautiful right now. getting alot of equipment prep done. looks like some snow this weekend. hope it is a good 4" so i can make some money. otherwise it may as well just rain. cash flow is the key to survival.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:12 PM

I'm here too, up in the northern flatlands.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Member

hey alan,
milton eh?? arrowhead lake!! my wife's uncle lives up there. we don't get up that too much. it reall y is too busy over in your neck for me. i like nice slow central vt.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LWNMWR1
hey alan,
milton eh?? arrowhead lake!! my wife's uncle lives up there. we don't get up that too much. it reall y is too busy over in your neck for me. i like nice slow central vt.
What's your uncle-in-laws name, this being a pretty small burg I might well know hiim. And I agree that this area tends to run to in-a-hurry, self important types. I've managed to upset a few of them when I tell them either (1) they have a reputation for being unreasonable, or (2) I just don't need to work for them.

Arrowhead Lake has some pretty impressive Smallmouths, and at one time it held the state record for Northern Pike. If conditions are right I've had some amazing success with the wily Mallard up near the head end of the lake. Right to the point of having birds coming into the decoys while I was still setting up.