anyone using it on st aug? Ive been testing it on all types but dont have the
kahones to use it all over
Old 11-26-2014, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive123 View Post
anyone using it on st aug? Ive been testing it on all types but dont have the
kahones to use it all over

Most 3 way labels have been changed to eliminate St Augustine as a Tolerant Turf many years ago. There were too many complaints. This includes Lesco 3 way and Southern Speed Zone. In the past if the Label Rate for Bermuda or Bahia was 1.5 oz per Thousand, St Augustine was 0.75 Oz per thousand. Oxalis was the one weed that Speed zone (3 way) was very good at controlling. What I found was at 1/2 rate for St Augustine, 0.4 OZ per thousand, I still got control but it took longer and had no set back or stress on the St Augustine.

I have stopped using 3 Way Herbicide on St Augustine because of Newer and Less Stressful Herbicide. One Problem with any Herbicide can be over use. Many times it is the same spots or areas that keep getting the same weeds. The One thing I can say is Southern Speed Zone/3 way is as Cheap as it comes when applying Herbicides. If you have an older bottle still labeled for St Augustine, I would use it at 1/2 the Lowest rate. This is one Herbicide that can get stronger with age.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Three Way and most Four Way products are also not preemergents except for the ones based on sulfentrazone. You can kill existing weeds with Speedzone and have new seedlings emerging all around the dying weed. The newer products applied as a broadcast spray will stop that. There is a reason why those products bear warnings about turning previously treated areas into flower beds or vegetable gardens.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738