Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 04-15-2014, 08:12 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Its common for Kubota's to go that long with minimal work done. My Gravely 452 has over 1200 hours now and all I have replaced was the hour meter and a couple rubber bushings. My machine still looks and operates like new and I have employees running it at times. Puppy got 1200 hours out of his old super before he rebuilt it and he mows a country club compared to commercial cutting.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't think you quit get it, the old Super was asking to much out of the wheel motors and it created a problem. The chasses on the Super is made as good or better than anything out there. What makes the chasses so good is how simply it is designed. The mower is running 15 MPH and that is much more demanding on a machine than going 10. If you can mow at those speeds the mower more than makes up for it in profit.

Where I am with a new PUPPY HD in 26 inch wheel trim on big accounts at 16 or 17 MPH it will just leave the Kabukie sitting there trying to figure out what happened. Don't get me wrong I can still worship the Kabukie God but the Kabukie God is slow.

It will leave a Gravely sitting there as well, Puppy is the Hustler God and should be respected as such and worshipped as well.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-15-2014, 08:18 PM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
I don't think you quit get it, the old Super was asking to much out of the wheel motors and it created a problem. The chasses on the Super is made as good or better than anything out there. What makes the chasses so good is how simply it is designed. The mower is running 15 MPH and that is much more demanding on a machine than going 10. If you can mow at those speeds the mower more than makes up for it in profit.

Where I am with a new PUPPY HD in 26 inch wheel trim on big accounts at 16 or 17 MPH it will just leave the Kabukie sitting there trying to figure out what happened. Don't get me wrong I can still worship the Kabukie God but the Kabukie God is slow.

It will leave a Gravely sitting there as well, Puppy is the Hustler God and should be respected as such and worshipped as well.
if you are worried about speed or if you want a stock mower
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXN1EL View Post
I wonder how much the transmission cost and how much torque it makes? These are real cool mowers. So these gear boxes are way beefier than what comes on the big Gravely? the Dyna Gears that only hold a little oil?

5 gallons that is a real system, the newer Dynas they are putting in Z's to get away from the separate component design I found to be a joke because they have no oil capacity.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-15-2014, 08:22 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
if you are worried about speed or if you want a stock mower
I would hate to pay the fuel bill on a twin Generac but that is a cool mower. Where I am you can use the speed all day on a lot of properties.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-15-2014, 08:24 PM
DXN1EL DXN1EL is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 353
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPWO_...:laugh::laugh:
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-15-2014, 08:26 PM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 1,762
I'm so glad all these multi-page threads on LS stay on topic so much...
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-15-2014, 08:30 PM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
I'm so glad all these multi-page threads on LS stay on topic so much...
oh hush, the OP left long ago lol
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-15-2014, 08:34 PM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 1,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
oh hush, the OP left long ago lol
I'm just trying to figure out where the 400'+ hills are in Florida if Wikipedia lists the highest point at 345'.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-15-2014, 08:35 PM
DXN1EL DXN1EL is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 353
How "BAD" would that fuel bill would be? around 5 gallons an hour?
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-15-2014, 08:37 PM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,818
So I did some figuring, if you were wanted to replace the hydro system on this mower it would be $4,937.36 or the 2 axles and the center. I think that should speak for the hydro system.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.08984 seconds with 8 queries