Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-17-2014, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

What kind of hill was that guy mowing to crash through a fence and roll it into a pool?
If that is not staged, that is.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 04-17-2014, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
No it won't.

A z will never be able to do what a tractor does either.

A z is not gods gift to the landscaping industry anymore.

Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
No but it can multi task better if designed to and given a chance to do it all, a heavy tractor is better for doing industrial jobs day in and out.

A Z would not be good for doing like Interstate mowing all day with month or 2 month old grass and a bunch of wet mud but would be good for really big parks and county road way areas and town and city road way areas that get cut more often with the ability to hook wider tow behinds on it

A municipality could have one machine for 20 or 25 thousand that would do it all rather than needing multiple machines that would cost alot more.

I made some calls to clarify this, the Kubota is a great machine and the one to buy if you are getting a diesel, a diesel should be able to save you 2 to 2.5 $ an hour in fuel compared to a BB gas motored 72. It makes sense if your are mowing all day and big areas just poking along. For your average commercial guy no it does not make sense.

The machine is to heavy and big for smaller jobs and nobody recommended them for doing hills because of weight mostly and how high they sat.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
No but it can multi task better if designed to and given a chance to do it all, a heavy tractor is better for doing industrial jobs day in and out.

A Z would not be good for doing like Interstate mowing all day with month or 2 month old grass and a bunch of wet mud but would be good for really big parks and county road way areas and town and city road way areas that get cut more often with the ability to hook wider tow behinds on it

A municipality could have one machine for 20 or 25 thousand that would do it all rather than needing multiple machines that would cost alot more.

I made some calls to clarify this, the Kubota is a great machine and the one to buy if you are getting a diesel, a diesel should be able to save you 2 to 2.5 $ an hour in fuel compared to a BB gas motored 72. It makes sense if your are mowing all day and big areas just poking along. For your average commercial guy no it does not make sense.

The machine is to heavy and big for smaller jobs and nobody recommended them for doing hills because of weight mostly and how high they sat.
:l augh:
Old 04-17-2014, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXN1EL View Post
:l augh:
What is so funny? I am telling you watch the next level of z's are going to a whole nother level. Hustler is already there on there new drive, maybe not the whole machine but the drive can be made powerful enough to do a lot more than they have it doing.

Alot of the 60,000 thousand $ machines will be obsolete in a lot of cases.

I will tell you I was really impressed with some of the new lighter 54 inch cut machines coming out and how simple the designs were. They looked like a better ticket over the much heavier 60 incher units. I looked at a Husky and it looked like you could change the motor in about 10 minutes.

One interesting thing was 3 different dealers told me today do not buy a big Kabuki for doing hills who sold them, and 2 of the dealers sold Hustler and said the Kubota drives was no match for the Super HD drive, every single dealer has told me the HD Super drive is in a class by itself.

. I have not looked at new mowers in a while but was very impressed with how simple some of these machines are getting to be and that is not good for the designs of the likes of Kubota.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think those "pollocks" have already got the next level of ZTR... it's been out a while... http://www.dixiechopper.com/mowers/xcaliber-4x4
Old 04-17-2014, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
What is so funny? I am telling you watch the next level of z's are going to a whole nother level. Hustler is already there on there new drive, maybe not the whole machine but the drive can be made powerful enough to do a lot more than they have it doing.

I will tell you I was really impressed with some of the new lighter 54 inch cut machines coming out and how simple the designs were. They looked like a better ticket over the much heavier 60 incher units. I looked at a Husky and it looked like you could change the motor in about 10 minutes.

One interesting thing was 3 different dealers told me today do not buy a big Kabuki for doing hills who sold them, and 2 of the dealers sold Hustler and said the Kubota drives was no match for the Super HD drive, every single dealer has told me the HD Super drive is in a class by itself.

. I have not looked at new mowers in a while but was very impressed with how simple some of these machines are getting to be and that is not good for the designs of the likes of Kubota.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
I think those "pollocks" have already got the next level of ZTR... it's been out a while... http://www.dixiechopper.com/mowers/xcaliber-4x4
Dixie Chopper has always been one of main leaders of the ZTR

Art is a smart guy
Old 04-17-2014, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

A ztr will never in a million years but able to come close to what a tractor does. There is literally no comparison. It just can't happen

60k is high for a tractor

You can buy a 50 hp tractor for 40 with a cab

Might want to do some more research before you're compely blinded by yellow paint
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2014, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
I am glad to see they are bouncing back, I know they have had some problems. This is tough a business, they were the original innovators in this business. I read where the old family was taking the company back over? I hope it works for them.

The choppers are not overly complex and easy to fix but the Kubota is a Ferrari for sure. That mower is not easy to build.

When I went to the Kubota dealer yesterday I was blown away by some of these lighter duty designs that were hitting the floor. I mean these things were like going to put the hammer in the old school heavy duty 60 inchers that are big money.

I could tell the sales guy new it to that was pushing the big Kabuki diesel 60. Junior 60 right next to Super K 60 for a fraction the price and your neighbors dog being able to wrench it.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Realslowww You know how much a JD 9560RT cost? hopefully like you said it could be replace by the Hustler super Z.