Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #201  
Old 04-18-2014, 07:35 AM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,367
Realslow

Dont believe everything your told, especially from dealers/salesman. Its best to base things on experience. Separate pumps and motors is a thing of the past. Transaxles have already started taking over the industry and with less than a 1% warranty rate have proven more than reliable. Kubota made transaxles are by far the best in the industry and will last longer the Hustlers system hands down.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 04-18-2014, 08:29 AM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 2,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
Dixie Chopper has always been one of main leaders of the ZTR

Art is a smart guy
I believe a lot of people fall into the "looks" category... They see a Dixie and see this clunky looking thing and write it off as 1980's tech. They think if it looks "cool" and "streamlined" then it must be the best technology out there.

The nearest Dixie dealer for me is about 45 minutes away and I've looked at their 4x4. It's a pretty awesome machine.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 04-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Snyder's Lawn Inc's Avatar
Snyder's Lawn Inc Snyder's Lawn Inc is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kirksville Mo
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Realslow

Dont believe everything your told, especially from dealers/salesman. Its best to base things on experience. Separate pumps and motors is a thing of the past. Transaxles have already started taking over the industry and with less than a 1% warranty rate have proven more than reliable. Kubota made transaxles are by far the best in the industry and will last longer the Hustlers system hands down.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't think they will I know a home owner has one and its transaxles went out twice reason I know both times it broke I had to mow his lawn for him

But everything has there flaws
__________________
Snyder's New Lawn Service Inc.
Since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 04-18-2014, 09:48 AM
Snyder's Lawn Inc's Avatar
Snyder's Lawn Inc Snyder's Lawn Inc is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kirksville Mo
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
I believe a lot of people fall into the "looks" category... They see a Dixie and see this clunky looking thing and write it off as 1980's tech. They think if it looks "cool" and "streamlined" then it must be the best technology out there.

The nearest Dixie dealer for me is about 45 minutes away and I've looked at their 4x4. It's a pretty awesome machine.
Yes the Look is what people wants

DC has went that discretion with there Homeowner models went same features of a lot other mowers

I like my Classic models My 1988 looks like my 2013 Built same way rides the same way and the ride and cut is what sold me to keep buying them
They could make them look like a hotdog I still would buy it
__________________
Snyder's New Lawn Service Inc.
Since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 04-18-2014, 12:27 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
I don't think they will I know a home owner has one and its transaxles went out twice reason I know both times it broke I had to mow his lawn for him

But everything has there flaws
Its actually already begun. Most major manufacturers are using 5400's on their top of the line machines. Just like anything there are better transaxles than others. My experience is with the 5400's.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 04-18-2014, 01:07 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Realslow

Dont believe everything your told, especially from dealers/salesman. Its best to base things on experience. Separate pumps and motors is a thing of the past. Transaxles have already started taking over the industry and with less than a 1% warranty rate have proven more than reliable. Kubota made transaxles are by far the best in the industry and will last longer the Hustlers system hands down.
Posted via Mobile Device

That is not what I am saying, transaxles all in one are great, the Kabuki has 5 gallons of fluid with a filter and that is great. The point with the Hustler is there system can do more work than the others if set up right. The pump system would run the 3100 pound Kwik Kut with no problem.

There HD machine with duallies and 2 speed wheel motors could pull 1500 pounds worth of tow behinds at 10 or 12 MPH with no problem.

I have talked to professional Hydraulic rebuilders about this and they say the Hustler system is worth rebuilding and they do but a 5400 Dyna they say pitch it in the garbage. The rebuilders told me the Hustler system was a normal industrial system they rebuild and the other stuff is throw it in the trash and buy new.

They call the ZTR system's used disposable junk and say a Super HD system is OK to work with.

I have no problem with any product but I want something thats engineered to where it is fast, easy and cheap to fix and Kabukie is not it.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 04-18-2014, 01:21 PM
DXN1EL DXN1EL is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 367
The Kubota "Rear main seal" thing was a problem in 2003? Which problem was solved.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 04-18-2014, 01:24 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXN1EL View Post
The Kubota "Rear main seal" thing was a problem in 2003? Which problem was solved.
The Kubota is the most awesome mower I have seen but to awesome for me. There is a lot that can go wrong with it and you are not adapting after market on that baby.
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 04-18-2014, 01:28 PM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 2,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
The Kubota is the most awesome mower I have seen but to awesome for me. There is a lot that can go wrong with it and you are not adapting after market on that baby.
There may be a lot that can go wrong, but they are using technology that has been tested and used for decades. If it worked on their sub compacts in the 80's it's a pretty tried and true system. I believe their biggest changes have been to the decks.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 04-18-2014, 01:28 PM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 5,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
That is not what I am saying, transaxles all in one are great, the Kabuki has 5 gallons of fluid with a filter and that is great. The point with the Hustler is there system can do more work than the others if set up right. The pump system would run the 3100 pound Kwik Kut with no problem.

There HD machine with duallies and 2 speed wheel motors could pull 1500 pounds worth of tow behinds at 10 or 12 MPH with no problem.

I have talked to professional Hydraulic rebuilders about this and they say the Hustler system is worth rebuilding and they do but a 5400 Dyna they say pitch it in the garbage. The rebuilders told me the Hustler system was a normal industrial system they rebuild and the other stuff is throw it in the trash and buy new.

They call the ZTR system's used disposable junk and say a Super HD system is OK to work with.

I have no problem with any product but I want something thats engineered to where it is fast, easy and cheap to fix and Kabukie is not it.
Go to hustler and try to order parts for either the wheel motor or the pump. Just try and report back to me how easy it is. Ill give you a tip, hustler does not sell parts for either the parker wheel motor or the Danfoss DDC-20 pump. You have to do to that particular hydro dealer and by the parts. I found this out with parker when I tried ordering parts for a husky ztr.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.07252 seconds with 8 queries