Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-18-2014, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Realslow

Dont believe everything your told, especially from dealers/salesman. Its best to base things on experience. Separate pumps and motors is a thing of the past. Transaxles have already started taking over the industry and with less than a 1% warranty rate have proven more than reliable. Kubota made transaxles are by far the best in the industry and will last longer the Hustlers system hands down.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-18-2014, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
Dixie Chopper has always been one of main leaders of the ZTR

Art is a smart guy
I believe a lot of people fall into the "looks" category... They see a Dixie and see this clunky looking thing and write it off as 1980's tech. They think if it looks "cool" and "streamlined" then it must be the best technology out there.

The nearest Dixie dealer for me is about 45 minutes away and I've looked at their 4x4. It's a pretty awesome machine.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Realslow

Dont believe everything your told, especially from dealers/salesman. Its best to base things on experience. Separate pumps and motors is a thing of the past. Transaxles have already started taking over the industry and with less than a 1% warranty rate have proven more than reliable. Kubota made transaxles are by far the best in the industry and will last longer the Hustlers system hands down.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't think they will I know a home owner has one and its transaxles went out twice reason I know both times it broke I had to mow his lawn for him

But everything has there flaws
Old 04-18-2014, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
I believe a lot of people fall into the "looks" category... They see a Dixie and see this clunky looking thing and write it off as 1980's tech. They think if it looks "cool" and "streamlined" then it must be the best technology out there.

The nearest Dixie dealer for me is about 45 minutes away and I've looked at their 4x4. It's a pretty awesome machine.
Yes the Look is what people wants

DC has went that discretion with there Homeowner models went same features of a lot other mowers

I like my Classic models My 1988 looks like my 2013 Built same way rides the same way and the ride and cut is what sold me to keep buying them
They could make them look like a hotdog I still would buy it
Old 04-18-2014, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
I don't think they will I know a home owner has one and its transaxles went out twice reason I know both times it broke I had to mow his lawn for him

But everything has there flaws
Its actually already begun. Most major manufacturers are using 5400's on their top of the line machines. Just like anything there are better transaxles than others. My experience is with the 5400's.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-18-2014, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Realslow

Posted via Mobile Device

That is not what I am saying, transaxles all in one are great, the Kabuki has 5 gallons of fluid with a filter and that is great. The point with the Hustler is there system can do more work than the others if set up right. The pump system would run the 3100 pound Kwik Kut with no problem.

There HD machine with duallies and 2 speed wheel motors could pull 1500 pounds worth of tow behinds at 10 or 12 MPH with no problem.

I have talked to professional Hydraulic rebuilders about this and they say the Hustler system is worth rebuilding and they do but a 5400 Dyna they say pitch it in the garbage. The rebuilders told me the Hustler system was a normal industrial system they rebuild and the other stuff is throw it in the trash and buy new.

They call the ZTR system's used disposable junk and say a Super HD system is OK to work with.

I have no problem with any product but I want something thats engineered to where it is fast, easy and cheap to fix and Kabukie is not it.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Kubota "Rear main seal" thing was a problem in 2003? Which problem was solved.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXN1EL View Post
The Kubota "Rear main seal" thing was a problem in 2003? Which problem was solved.
The Kubota is the most awesome mower I have seen but to awesome for me. There is a lot that can go wrong with it and you are not adapting after market on that baby.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
The Kubota is the most awesome mower I have seen but to awesome for me. There is a lot that can go wrong with it and you are not adapting after market on that baby.
There may be a lot that can go wrong, but they are using technology that has been tested and used for decades. If it worked on their sub compacts in the 80's it's a pretty tried and true system. I believe their biggest changes have been to the decks.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
That is not what I am saying, transaxles all in one are great, the Kabuki has 5 gallons of fluid with a filter and that is great. The point with the Hustler is there system can do more work than the others if set up right. The pump system would run the 3100 pound Kwik Kut with no problem.

There HD machine with duallies and 2 speed wheel motors could pull 1500 pounds worth of tow behinds at 10 or 12 MPH with no problem.

I have talked to professional Hydraulic rebuilders about this and they say the Hustler system is worth rebuilding and they do but a 5400 Dyna they say pitch it in the garbage. The rebuilders told me the Hustler system was a normal industrial system they rebuild and the other stuff is throw it in the trash and buy new.

They call the ZTR system's used disposable junk and say a Super HD system is OK to work with.

I have no problem with any product but I want something thats engineered to where it is fast, easy and cheap to fix and Kabukie is not it.
Go to hustler and try to order parts for either the wheel motor or the pump. Just try and report back to me how easy it is. Ill give you a tip, hustler does not sell parts for either the parker wheel motor or the Danfoss DDC-20 pump. You have to do to that particular hydro dealer and by the parts. I found this out with parker when I tried ordering parts for a husky ztr.