Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-18-2014, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXN1EL View Post
The Kubota "Rear main seal" thing was a problem in 2003? Which problem was solved.
I only heard about that on the 331's from one guy on here and my dealer has never fixed one. So idk
Old 04-18-2014, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

JC
The other day I was looking for part manual for a ZD300 series, I needed to wright the serial to download one but since I don't have a Kubota...
Does you parts manual have part number for every single single part of the mower? or you have to buy "Assembly"?
Old 04-18-2014, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXN1EL View Post
JC
The other day I was looking for part manual for a ZD300 series, I needed to wright the serial to download one but since I don't have a Kubota...
Does you parts manual have part number for every single single part of the mower? or you have to buy "Assembly"?
http://www.messicks.com/KubotaTractorParts.aspx and fill out the info and have them email you a parts diagram. You can click parts from what they send you
Old 04-18-2014, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Go to hustler and try to order parts for either the wheel motor or the pump. Just try and report back to me how easy it is. Ill give you a tip, hustler does not sell parts for either the parker wheel motor or the Danfoss DDC-20 pump. You have to do to that particular hydro dealer and by the parts. I found this out with parker when I tried ordering parts for a husky ztr.
I did not know that, the old Super you could get all the parts new from a major discount house but all that has changed. I have been researching Kubota just to learn about them and alot of posts have been on waiting for parts.

The Parker wheel motors should be easy enough to get rebuilt but the new pumps are like new and nobody has seen many of them as of yet. The Dyna stuff is everywhere but most builders consider them low grade.

I like talking about this stuff because I love mowers and cutting grass but part time. If it is a job it takes the fun out of it in my book.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
I did not know that, the old Super you could get all the parts new from a major discount house but all that has changed. I have been researching Kubota just to learn about them and alot of posts have been on waiting for parts.

The Parker wheel motors should be easy enough to get rebuilt but the new pumps are like new and nobody has seen many of them as of yet. The Dyna stuff is everywhere but most builders consider them low grade.

I like talking about this stuff because I love mowers and cutting grass but part time. If it is a job it takes the fun out of it in my book.
It takes 3-5 days for parts unless it super special and coming from Japan. Your pump came out in 2011 and it is nothing special.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-18-2014, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
It takes 3-5 days for parts unless it super special and coming from Japan. Your pump came out in 2011 and it is nothing special.
Posted via Mobile Device
The pump is nothing special, I know that because the rebuilders said it was just the entry level they would rebuild but will a Kabukie pump put out like that? According to the dealers I talked to the Super drive was more powerful than anything Kubota offered in a ZTR?

There is nothing special about most of the designs coming out and that is what makes them so good. Easy to fix, a Kabukie is special alright and I would hate to see a repair bill on one.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

There is nothing special about a hyper drive. It's a marketing gimmick. They had to do something with the massive failures they had before they came out.

That's why they have the long warranty. To give people confidence to buy then again
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-18-2014, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Is that the part connected to the flux capacitor that usually breaks after a few hundred hours?
Old 04-18-2014, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
There is nothing special about a hyper drive. It's a marketing gimmick. They had to do something with the massive failures they had before they came out.

That's why they have the long warranty. To give people confidence to buy then again
Posted via Mobile Device
You are right there is nothing special about it but by ZTR Standards it is better than what other manufactures offer. The pumps are overkill to push a single ZTR but if you were doing steep grades all day at good speed it should hold up better by far than other offerings.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
You are right there is nothing special about it but by ZTR Standards it is better than what other manufactures offer. The pumps are overkill to push a single ZTR but if you were doing steep grades all day at good speed it should hold up better by far than other offerings.
Parkerís TG
Max Continuous Torque: 9239 lb in
Max Intermittent Torque: 12636 lb in

WHITE DT
15,750 in-lbs. cont.
18,500 in-lbs. int.