Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-15-2014, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wssolutions View Post
A new Steiner 235 with a 60" flip up deck compared to a Kubota ZD326P with a 60' deck, no. I bought my 230 last year with a 60" and a 72" deck for 6500. It has a 28HP Kubota diesel compared to the 26HP on the ZD. Here is a picture of the Steiner and the cut, the mower is not your typical ZTR, SCUT or anything else.
Was that price new?
Old 04-15-2014, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
I just went and looked at the Kubota's, I was blown away by how beautiful they are. I have not looked at them in a while. The price for what you get was pretty pretty darn good. I looked at the 332 72 and it was only 13,199. That mower is the type of thing you put in the living room and dress it up like a Xmas tree and forget about Jesus and worship the Kabukie GOD.

No way would I want that as a commercial cutter but a ranch owner or like I would buy it in a heart beat. The mower has at least a 100 pounds of fat maybe closer to 200. No way would it take near the abuse of a Hustler HD!!!!!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! No way is the single trans axle hydro as good as the quality of the Hustler seperates but I could be wrong about this because they look good. I just know the hydro pumps on the Hustler can run 2 or 3 72 inch mowers at once and at a good speed.

The mower is a work of art and the most beautiful Z I know of just to much to mess with for a abusive commercial cutter. That thing sits way and I mean way Higher than my Hustler and with all the added weight I cannot see how it could hold a hill as well or close. Maybe it can but the laws of physics are not in it's corner at all.

By the way 10MPH is to slow in this day and age of 330 MPH Funny cars..
Its not a normal transaxle. It you see how big it is? Transaxles means there is less to go wrong. I mean it only holds just shy of 5 gals of hydro oil, w filters, a fan, and cooled over the radiator. If you had plastic over metal, ya you could loose some weight. Also on a Z you don't normally tip over, you slide.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2014, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

These pictures show the differences in build. The Kubota is in its own league(10000 hour machine) while the Gravely and Hustler are very similar to each other but look tiny compared to the Kubota. I still think Gravely and Hustler are tops in build quality but they are not built like a tractor.
Attached Images

Last edited by GMLC; 04-15-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Kubota took parts from their BX series of subcompact tractors and said "eh... let's build a ZTR". The ZD series of Kubota are beyond beast mode. I would throw one in front of a Peterbilt. I'm an Exmark guy myself, but as far as overbuilt, the trophy goes to Kubota...
Old 04-15-2014, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Its no secret that I was a Scag guy for 15+ years. Then I demoed the Gravely 400 series. IMO the Gravely 400 series has the best combination of cut quality, comfort, handling, and build in the industry. BUT I have no problem admitting when another company does something better. In this case Kubota builds a bigger, stronger machine that will outlast any other in the industry.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2014, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't kid yourself, there is a lot of unnecessary fat on that mower, weight speaks for it self. The Hustler has no fat and the Kabukie has a good bit. I could tear that mower up easier than my Hustler, trust me I am part black and a master at Fn stuff up.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Its no secret that I was a Scag guy for 15+ years. Then I demoed the Gravely 400 series. IMO the Gravely 400 series has the best combination of cut quality, comfort, handling, and build in the industry. BUT I have no problem admitting when another company does something better. In this case Kubota builds a bigger, stronger machine that will outlast any other in the industry.
Posted via Mobile Device
That is just not true, the Kabukie is a piece of art I will give it that and I would have loved to have taken that 72 hone but I had a nice long conversation with the airport grounds guy and the mowers were no where near as reliable as his Hustlers when you factor in chimps were operating them daily cutting around a 1000 acres weekly.

And by the way the Hustler is made better than the Gravely on several fronts.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
These pictures show the differences in build. The Kubota is in its own league(10000 hour machine) while the Gravely and Hustler are very similar to each other but look tiny compared to the Kubota. I still think Gravely and Hustler are tops in build quality but they are not built like a tractor.
I will guarantee you a Super will take more abuse than that Kabukie. Lets see which one holds up better running it out of water an antifreeze I have to admit for the money I was really impressed, for a extra grand or 2 you get alot more mower but to much by my book.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
That is just not true, the Kabukie is a piece of art I will give it that and I would have loved to have taken that 72 hone but I had a nice long conversation with the airport grounds guy and the mowers were no where near as reliable as his Hustlers when you factor in chimps were operating them daily cutting around a 1000 acres weekly.

And by the way the Hustler is made better than the Gravely on several fronts.
Im sorry but I completely disagree with just about everything you say. No offense but you are very blinded by brand loyalty. Repeating what somebody told you about a machine is just hearsay. You need real world experience. Im telling you that it is not uncommon for a Kubota to go 10000 hours. I have owned, demoed, or used almost every major brand. I studied the Super HD in great detail and posted pics. The only thing the Super HD has over the 400 series is speed. And maybe better deck bracing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2014, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I will guarantee you a Super will take more abuse than that Kabukie. Lets see which one holds up better running it out of water an antifreeze I have to admit for the money I was really impressed, for a extra grand or 2 you get alot more mower but to much by my book.
How many 10000 hour Supers have you seen?
Posted via Mobile Device