Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-13-2014, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Issues with Stihl BG56 Blower

Just started out the season, and already have an issue. My blower worked just fine all last season, and i followed proper procedure when i stored it over the winter. My issue is after about the 4th or 5th yard of the day, it is a PAIN to get started. Basically have to pull it 10 times, choke it then pull it 4 or 5 more times to get it to fire. After that i have to feather the throttle for a moment or 2 other wise it will die. After it's going it's fine until i shut it off. I'm baffled, the air filter is new, and always run the stihl synthetic mix with 89 octane. I may also add, the primer bulb does not fill up like it should. There is no cracks or anything in it so not sure why it's not working properly. Anyone have any thoughts on what may be wrong? I would drop it off at the shop but there on a 2 week turnaround right now.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did you leave last years fuel in it over the winter? If so, try some Sea Foam to help break down any gunk in your fuel tank, lines, and carb. Also, gas with ethanol is bad about making the gaskets in Stihl carbs brittle. May need another $30 Stihl carb (easy, quick to install and make adjustments yourself. Good luck.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Replace your fuel pipes "lines" and the primer bulb. Sounds like ethanol started to degrade them.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm baffled, the air filter is new, and always run the stihl synthetic mix with 89 octane.[/QUOTE
In the real world they fail. Sounds like it needs gas any adjustment needles? Ifnso clanknthem CCW a tad.