Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-19-2014, 07:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

any good apps?

I am back into lawn care after about 5 years in Alaska, and have 22 accounts at this point. I plan to get quickbooks soon, and I am doing everything by hand for now. I am looking at the online and desktop software for lawn care businesses, but I want some more time (and growth) before committing.

Anyone using any simple or generic stand-alone cell apps for invoices or other business uses?

I will continue to research and read reviews on the lawn and landscaping business software, but I will start with Quickbooks.

Thanks!

Mike
Old 04-19-2014, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am a small time part time guy, and just started using Jobber this year. I didn't "need" it as I was pretty small, but I am bad with organizing paperwork. Plus being able to integrate credit card and electronic payments made it a no brainer.

I figured starting it now, with a few accounts would be easier to learn it, than to wait until I had 100+ accounts, then try to get it setup and figured out and have to move abunch of info at once. This way, it will grow with me, and be seamless over time.

Jobber has a free 30 day trial that is full featured, includes all options and is live. Meaning you can run your business through them for free for the month just to see if you like it. Being a small company, this is a great time to do this kind of trial as you dont have a huge client list to move from one platform to the other.

It is designed to work on a desktop and mobile devices via web browser. It doesnt have a stand alon app yet, but it is in the works. I run my company from the drivers seat of my truck on a samsung Tab3 10.1. It is great.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Try yardbook it's free and a really good program.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-19-2014, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360lawncare View Post
Try yardbook it's free and a really good program.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah I second this
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-19-2014, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawnprosoftware.

Great program
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffTurfLawnCare View Post
I figured starting it now, with a few accounts would be easier to learn it, than to wait until I had 100+ accounts, then try to get it setup and figured out and have to move abunch of info at once. This way, it will grow with me, and be seamless over time.
Thanks again TuffTurfLawnCare! That is an awesome attitude. We also see some of our fastest growing companies say that.

The ones that we know are going to get big and do really well are the ones that get setup far ahead of time since being organized now when you are small means that when you get bigger you are also better at using the software and managing your business.

Learning how to do good business management using a good system and software while you are already struggling to handle growth slows everything down.

-Landen

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 04-24-2014, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Locqus would be a good look. What I run my company through. Completely free, handles invoicing, quoting, CC payments, etc. Built our own native applications as well.

Proud owner of Shamrock Landscaping LLC