Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-09-2014, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Eloquip vs. Commander Industries Aluminum Dump Bodies

Hi,

Just bought a International 4300 29,000GVWR truck, we are looking to put a 14' aluminum dump body on the truck and are trying to decide between an Eloquip or Commander box.

Both are close to the same price in the mid teens with the options we are looking for.

We see more Eloquip boxes out and about, but were just looking to see if anybody had any good or bad experiences with either; or any suggestions.

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 05-09-2014, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&R Landscaping View Post
Hi,

Just bought a International 4300 29,000GVWR truck, we are looking to put a 14' aluminum dump body on the truck and are trying to decide between an Eloquip or Commander box.

Both are close to the same price in the mid teens with the options we are looking for.

We see more Eloquip boxes out and about, but were just looking to see if anybody had any good or bad experiences with either; or any suggestions.

Thanks,

Andrew
Ivan at elo is awesome, great service just picked my truck up last month, your going to be in for a 3 month wait just so you know...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-09-2014, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Good to hear... Yea I know there is a bit of a wait, but we're aiming for it to be completed by mid august or first of September so it shouldn't be a problem. I've been talking to Cor at Eloquip.

I think I may have been admiring your truck tonight at the corner of Homer Watson and Manitou (white Chevy 3500 unlettered?)

My father owns the business in Niagara, but I'm finishing my last semester at Conestoga before going back and taking over the installations crew, that's why we're aiming to have the truck completed for mid August.

Over the last couple of weeks I've seen that truck around quite a bit...

If that's your truck it's a pretty small world
Old 05-09-2014, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Good to hear... Yea I know there is a bit of a wait, but we're aiming for it to be completed by mid august or first of September so it shouldn't be a problem. I've been talking to Cor at Eloquip.

I think I may have been admiring your truck tonight at the corner of Homer Watson and Manitou (white Chevy 3500 unlettered?)

My father owns the business in Niagara, but I'm finishing my last semester at Conestoga before going back and taking over the installations crew, that's why we're aiming to have the truck completed for mid August.

Over the last couple of weeks I've seen that truck around quite a bit...

If that's your truck it's a pretty small world
Haha yeah that's myn, if it has the slanted taillights, one of a kind, I did lots of small little changes to it over a stock body, learned a lot with my last voth body... don't get one of those
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-09-2014, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Yea it's a pretty small world... Well it's a nice looking truck. I noticed the slanted lights... Also is that a reverse light that is mounted on the top of the rear fenders? It looked like there was a white light mounted on the fender...

The truck we bought had a voth on it at the dealership, but we're making them take it off. We're not a huge fan of the unibody construction and it doesn't look like the quality is even close to an eloquip box. Without the cross members I think we'd warp the deck as soon as we dumped anything heavier than 'A' gravel in it.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Yea it's a pretty small world... Well it's a nice looking truck. I noticed the slanted lights... Also is that a reverse light that is mounted on the top of the rear fenders? It looked like there was a white light mounted on the fender...

The truck we bought had a voth on it at the dealership, but we're making them take it off. We're not a huge fan of the unibody construction and it doesn't look like the quality is even close to an eloquip box. Without the cross members I think we'd warp the deck as soon as we dumped anything heavier than 'A' gravel in it.
Yeah I take the body off in the winter and just run the salter on the frame, those are led reverse lights...

In 1 season we completely wreaked the voth, it bent soo easy it was pathetic, sides and tailgate would only close of you used a sleg hammer, I run a small operation and a lot of it is owner operator and I don't abuse my equipment, let me say your making a very good decision!
Posted via Mobile Device