Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-26-2014, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Member

i need some help getting rid of weeds

hi guys, been a member for a while now and have mostly been reading. Im going on my 3rd year of doing lawns. well im trying to get more familiar with the lawn care part of it considering ive mostly just mowed, trimmed, blown, and weeded or spot treated with a generic round up.
i just got a guy who wants me to get rid of his dandelions and a few other weeds he has growing in his yard. problem is ive never done anything other than spot treatment in beds. the lawn is probably 3.5 acres of grass. what i need help with is identifying the weed and ways to get rid of it keeping in mind they have a couple of 2 and 3 year old kids. obtaining the chemicals shouldn't be hard considering i have a pesticide applicators licence.
thanks in advance for any help!

first one i need help with is this purple weed. he has a few large patches of is as well as a few random small areas.

the next two pics are what looks like overgrown bluegrass in my opinion. again he has a few large patches and a few small random areas

last one i know is a wild onion that is all over his yard. its not too bad but enough to get tired of seeing the long leaves sprout up before the grass

this is a pic of his front yard and my pride and joy that i got last year. my 54" hustler fastrak. man i love that thing and i very gratefull that my neighbor offered to co-sign on the loan for me. (im only 18)
Old 04-26-2014, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

talk to the place where you buy your pesticides at. they will tell you your options on what to use. you could use a backpack sprayer but it will take hrs to walk the whole yard. you need some type of riding or pull behind sprayer to spray yards that big.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
talk to the place where you buy your pesticides at. they will tell you your options on what to use. you could use a backpack sprayer but it will take hrs to walk the whole yard. you need some type of riding or pull behind sprayer to spray yards that big.
the place i get my pesticides is called CPS (crop production services) i'll stop by like you said. im more than willing to buy a tow behind sprayer so thats no big deal. do you have any experience with speedzone? i was just reading a little about it and it seems like it might work for me.