Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-25-2014, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Accelerator Catcher

I have searched and have not really found anything. I bought a new SCAG Pro-V with a 48inch deck. I am going to put an accelerator catcher on it but am at a loss of which one to get. I currently have a 4.15 on my 36in SCAG. Should I get the 4.15 cu.ft again or go to the 6.2 cu ft. Does anyone run the 6.2 on a walk behind. Is the 6.2 too big for the walk behind or will the one side dig or lean more if it starts to fill up? Any info or pictures would help. Thanks Guys!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Why mess around with a catcher this unit has an excellant mulch kit?
Old 04-25-2014, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

definitely get the bigger one…accelerators are ridiculously expensive, but that's because they are in a class of their own..the beauty of an accelerator is how light they are…i bought the jumbo for our grandstands that also fit on our 36" walk behinds, same decks so it fit on all of our mowers…you also didn't need a bracket, it just fit on the actual deck without any fabrications…absolutely no problem with the bigger size, you will be fine…last year we bought grass gobblers (wright) and had them fabricated to fit on our deeres, as opposed to the accelerator they are HEAVY…so the larger size of the aluminum accelerator is still lighter than the regular grass gobbler, yet you have much more capacity

we just ordered two jumbo's for our deere standers, unfortunately on our models you have to have a bracket to put the bag on
Old 04-25-2014, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i forgot to mention, the jumbo seems to fill up fast in my opinion, so i couldn't even imagine what a smaller size would be like