Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-28-2014, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Member

I love the Internet

I love how the Internet makes it possible and even easy to get" new clients. My subdivision has a Facebook page that my wife and I participate in. Someone in our subdivision had asked for references for lawn care. And since my wife is a Facebook ninja she was the first one to get on in reply that I live in the neighborhood and do lawncare. I got his address and entered his info and Yardbook. I was able to get his lot measurements with yardbook and compare it to other clients I already have. I used yardbook to email him the quote and I start mowing in a couple days.

I haven't met the guy or even talked to him on the phone and was able to pick up a new $50 yard. That's pretty convenient for someone like me that works a lot of hours at my job and does this part time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2014, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Its a new frontier in lawn care...nextdoor.com is hitting everywhere...its a Facebook for neighborhoods...lots of good opportunity
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2014, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yes the internet gives me plenty of information plenty of connectivity and takes up quite a bit of my time. I would be lost without it. But I need to quit checking Facebook and the news feed.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Member

I had to turn my facebook notifications off. I can't stand the site of one of those little red bubbles my my apps, so when I see one I have to check it. Out of sight, out of mind.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2014, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoGuyswithMowers View Post
I had to turn my facebook notifications off. I can't stand the site of one of those little red bubbles my my apps, so when I see one I have to check it. Out of sight, out of mind.
Posted via Mobile Device
And i thought i was the only one like this. I can't stand to see those little red number son my apps. Including voice mail,email, and those two are the worst because i see them no matter what page i am on.. My wife on the other hand has like 75 texts showing on her phone, she doesn't seem to care, it drive me crazy just looking at her phone. lol

A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying dang that was fun..
Old 06-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Sponsor

I love how the internet gives me the ability to find the ghosts. All I need is an address and name and I can find you where ever you turn up. A couple foreclosed homes where the customer just ditches out and does not tell us...Age of tech. You will be paying up.

And yes the little red bubbles are terrible! Same way.
Office: 800-647-1951
Locqus - Free Field Service Management
Proud owner of Shamrock Landscaping LLC
Old 07-05-2014, 01:39 AM
Sponsor

Another thing about Facebook is that their ads are affordable and you can target them right down to the postal code. Facebook is sort of the kitchen table of the internet; people look at it as part of their home, and their barriers are lower there than they would be on LinkedIn, for example. Also, not sure if you can target LinkedIn ads as tightly as you can for Facebook. But their user's average net worth is like three times the net worth on Facebook. That's because there are no teenagers there, I guess.

Watch a 2-minute demo!

Email: ryan@mhelpdesk.com
Web: www.mhelpdesk.com
Phone: 888-558-6275

Old 07-05-2014, 07:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Has anyone had any luck with buying ads on facebook? I just know that I never even notice the ads and couldn't name a single company I've seen advertising. Maybe I'm not typical though.
Posted via Mobile Device