Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-10-2014, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
I was looking at a few more today and I do not think there is enough left to try and recover.
I am really wondering when I will have someone try and sue me for sod saying it is my fault.

Posted via Mobile Device
had to meet with some today lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-10-2014, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
had to meet with some today lol
Posted via Mobile Device
What was the outcome?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-10-2014, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Landscaping View Post
What was the outcome?
Posted via Mobile Device
Very good. In one area that they said has always been great grass and wanted to know why that was not back, I told them I bet the sleet was thick and stayed on the ground for a long time. They thought just for a split second and then said I was right and the line was just about where the sleet stayed for over a week. We also looked at some of there neighbors and I showed them all the green they were seeing from a distance were just weeds.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-10-2014, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How much rain did you get Thurs Turf Dawg?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-10-2014, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
How much rain did you get Thurs Turf Dawg?
Posted via Mobile Device
About .4

Everything is going just east. What about your area Liberty?
I was very glad to get it though. We are putting in a irrigation system and was hose watering where we needed to hand dig the ground was already so hard
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-10-2014, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Stories like this are why I decline to take on a customer where I know success or at least what I consider "successful" will not be achieved. The irrigation is poorly designed, I will not be mowing it and controlling irrigation settings & etc. In fact I plan to drop some customers for these reasons next year but I will do it in the off season to give them time to find someone else.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
Stories like this are why I decline to take on a customer where I know success or at least what I consider "successful" will not be achieved. The irrigation is poorly designed, I will not be mowing it and controlling irrigation settings & etc. In fact I plan to drop some customers for these reasons next year but I will do it in the off season to give them time to find someone else.
The trouble with all that is if you were here in Texas is that most of the larger cities [and several others] have had water restrictions for some time now. Some no watering at all and others only one day every week or every other week just for a couple of hours. One city is building a pipeline from its waste water treatment station to the city water treatment plant and or going to try and recycle as much as possible. The bad winters for our areas combined with years of drought does not leave much to be picky about.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-11-2014, 07:14 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
The trouble with all that is if you were here in Texas is that most of the larger cities [and several others] have had water restrictions for some time now. Some no watering at all and others only one day every week or every other week just for a couple of hours. One city is building a pipeline from its waste water treatment station to the city water treatment plant and or going to try and recycle as much as possible. The bad winters for our areas combined with years of drought does not leave much to be picky about.
Posted via Mobile Device
I get what you're saying. I know everyone's situation is different. I am at the point in business where I need to eliminate certain services or customers.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
I get what you're saying. I know everyone's situation is different. I am at the point in business where I need to eliminate certain services or customers.
I know exactly how you feel also. Many moons ago I had a single cab white Chevy that did not have my name or number on it. This is what I had a couple of guys using for the every other week mows that were just weeds and stuff like that. I wanted my trucks with logos to be at the nicer properties.

If I were to change states Arkansas would be pretty high on the list. Clear water nice country and year round trout for my fly rod lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-11-2014, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I know exactly how you feel also. Many moons ago I had a single cab white Chevy that did not have my name or number on it. This is what I had a couple of guys using for the every other week mows that were just weeds and stuff like that. I wanted my trucks with logos to be at the nicer properties.

If I were to change states Arkansas would be pretty high on the list. Clear water nice country and year round trout for my fly rod lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Just because you've been to my house and seen heaven doesn't mean you are welcome to a slice of it...lol

I feel for y'all down there. My aunt and uncle are there and have a house on a lake with a dock. I don't think they've pulled their boat up to the dock in years. Its been out of the water for a long time.