Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-08-2014, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Backpack blower racks

Hey guys, I just bought a new trailer and am in the process of putting racks on it. I'm solo and on my grass days I carry my shindaiwa t282 trimmer in a single jungle Jim trimmer rack which I absolutely love, and now I'm thinking about a blower rack. I've never had a blower rack on any of my previous trailers. What are y'all's thoughts? Are they worth it? I'm interested in jungle Jim's since their warehouse is right up the street from me, but I'm curious of other brands too. I'd love to hear y'all's input! Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-08-2014, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Haven't used the Jungle Jim's Blower Holder but just got the Green Touch Xtreme Series Backpack Blower Rack http://www.trailerracks.com/XG108.html and love it.
2014 Toro Grandstand 36 Inch
1990 Toro ProLine 44 Inch Belt Drive
1990 Scag 36 Inch Belt Drive
Stihl FS 130R
Stihl BG 55
Echo PB-500T
Echo HC-150SP
Old 06-09-2014, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

IF you are interested in an extreme blower rack, I have one that I will sell. I bought it a month or so ago and never used it. Its a very large rack and I have no place to mount it on my trailer as I have a box across the front and when mounted on the side rails it sticks out past my fenders. Im going to get a jungle jims rack to hold my 2 redmax 8500s.

The extreme rack is very well made it just wont work for my application. If you are interested message me and I will get a shipping quote.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm not necessarily interested in the green touch system. I was just wondering if blower racks are worth the money? I usually put my blower in my truck bed. Just trying to justify the blower rack's worth
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-09-2014, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty's lawncare View Post
I'm not necessarily interested in the green touch system. I was just wondering if blower racks are worth the money? I usually put my blower in my truck bed. Just trying to justify the blower rack's worth
Posted via Mobile Device
Thats what ive been doing but this season I have been filling my bed with debris most days so I dont always have room for the blowers. I think I am going to go with two jungle jims single racks for my trailer. I don't want to risk damaging my blowers by having them in the truck bed between barrels of grass. I wish the green touch one would work for my application because its very well built and would match the trimmer racks I have.

To answer your question, yes I think they are worth the money as they better secure the blower and prevent risk of damage.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
Thats what ive been doing but this season I have been filling my bed with debris most days so I dont always have room for the blowers. I think I am going to go with two jungle jims single racks for my trailer. I don't want to risk damaging my blowers by having them in the truck bed between barrels of grass. I wish the green touch one would work for my application because its very well built and would match the trimmer racks I have.

To answer your question, yes I think they are worth the money as they better secure the blower and prevent risk of damage.

Thanks for your advice! I might look more into the jungle Jim's too.
Posted via Mobile Device