Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-01-2014, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I had this problem all the time with my Gravely bagger. I had three different housings that I would swap out and keep one welded up and ready. When a hole broke out just swapped the guts over to the fixed one. This is the main reason I changed from Gravely.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by southgagrass View Post
I had this problem all the time with my Gravely bagger. I had three different housings that I would swap out and keep one welded up and ready. When a hole broke out just swapped the guts over to the fixed one. This is the main reason I changed from Gravely.
This appears to be a weak link and should be addressed...A poly liner would solve the issue easily with very little expense.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Found out today that Gravely is going to warranty this one! They also have requested that we send in the bad one so Research and Development can take a look at it to hopefully find a solution and prevent this problem from happening in the future. Gravely and my dealer continue to impress me with their williness to do everything they can to make sure we are happy and can continue running when something goes wrong. Thank you!!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Great news!
No doubt about it- Gravely is a first class company.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik1981 View Post
Found out today that Gravely is going to warranty this one! They also have requested that we send in the bad one so Research and Development can take a look at it to hopefully find a solution and prevent this problem from happening in the future. Gravely and my dealer continue to impress me with their williness to do everything they can to make sure we are happy and can continue running when something goes wrong. Thank you!!
I would expect no less from a good company such as Gravely...It is very sad that customer service in this country "for the most part," has gone the way of the dinosaur.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I just had the same thing happen to mine. I usually just use the bagger for cleanups but for the last few months I have been bagging the grass too because of excessive growth. I noticed it getting thinner in the same spot as yours and now it has two small rips in it. At the worst time of the year too.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
Say it is a problem caused by sand, I think we will all agree, it should never happen within a 50 hr. time span, that is unless the metal is of extremely thin and/or possibly poor quality. This is something Gravely will want an extensive analysis of I feel assured. A good poly liner equivalent to the strength of what is used under the skid-plate of a combine would eliminate this problem for an extremely long time.
They put that poly liner in semi rock trailers and it lasts for years so that seems like the perfect solution.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
460 , bagger , clean-up , gravely , spring