Register free!

Old 05-02-2014, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I've only been with this new company for 2 1/2 years. So they need tg to sign off to finish my 3 years. The actual guy I worked under still works for that branch but somehow just a tech now. Maybe he can just sign it but I'm just going by what I was told.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2014, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeo View Post
I've only been with this new company for 2 1/2 years. So they need tg to sign off to finish my 3 years. The actual guy I worked under still works for that branch but somehow just a tech now. Maybe he can just sign it but I'm just going by what I was told.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't know how you are going to pass the Florida CPO Test. The reason I say that is because a good 30% of the test is Chapter 482 and 5E-14. If you read and understood 482 you wouldn't be making this post or calling Tallahassee. You would know what to do. I am not going tell you how to get qualified for the test. You need to study Florida pesticide law to learn the answer.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm pretty sure I got my answer from the person who handles the applications in Tallahassee. I'm also going to take your comment as you want to motivate me to study and know every single answer there is out there instead of me thinking you're an ass. Thanks bud
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2014, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I got my answer from the person who handles the applications in Tallahassee. I'm also going to take your comment as you want to motivate me to study and know every single answer there is out there instead of me thinking you're an ass. Thanks bud
Posted via Mobile Device

Now this made me laugh. Seems pretty smart to me Ric. I think he will pass.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad004 View Post
Now this made me laugh. Seems pretty smart to me Ric. I think he will pass.
Smart isn't what it takes to pass the Florida CPO test. Understanding and following directions is what it takes. In order to pass you must first qualify to take the test. In order to Qualify you must first understand HOW TO QUALIFY. Point of Order:: You need a CPO to sign one spot on your application BEFORE you send it in with your Non-refundable $ 300.00. You should also understand who (CPO) can sign you off. After 4 years with TG and 2.5 years with his present employer, RyanLeo's post shows he doesn't know or understand any of the above.

I can only suggest that he asks the Bureau of Entomology to hold his application and Deposit until he can learn the study material. If he can't fill out the application he will never pass the test.

BTW Just to make my point. RyanLeo has been a tech for 6.5 years. Fl-landscape got his CPO in both Household Pest and L&O in 10 Months start to finish. The difference is understanding the law and how the system works.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 05-03-2014, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Member

You may be right ric. I may not understand everything there is to know about the law or how the system works. The lady who handles the applications is saying one thing while tg branch is saying another. I sure hope with the studying I have been doing and the fire you have put beneath my butt will help me pass this exam. If I actually get to take it. Only time will tell
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-10-2014, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Welp got my results this morning and I passed. What a beautiful day
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-10-2014, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Welp got my results this morning and I passed. What a beautiful day
Posted via Mobile Device
Congratulations miracles do happen. It is a good thing for you Dr. Sung no longer writes the Tests.

I hope you now understand you didn't need a TG/CL CPO to sign for your Test. The Law reads you need 3 years experience WITH THE LAST/CURRENT YEAR IN FLORIDA UNDER A FLORIDA CPO. That means you could do the First 2 years in 49 states other than Florida. But the Last current Year must be in Florida. BTW YOU COULD WORK A WEEK EACH FOR 52 DIFFERENT COMPANIES. The Law doesn't say you must work 3 years for just one Company. Any CPO you worked for could sign for you as long as you did 45 jobs under their Direction.

BTW Had you of read and understood the Law, this thread would never of happened.

Have a Nice Day

Old 06-10-2014, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks. The laws can be tricky and need to be read very carefully to fully understand.
Posted via Mobile Device