Register free!

Old 05-30-2014, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

alot of no shows

Here we me go again. I have customer neighbors asking me if I know of a good irrigation company to do a full tune up. Had one lady tell me that she called up two different company's and they never showed up. Really? This day in age we still have no shows. At least call to let them know you are not coming. How do people stay in business. I have heard about lawn guys doing this no show stuff before 2006. But then the economy went down and everyone was begging for work
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-30-2014, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
Here we me go again. I have customer neighbors asking me if I know of a good irrigation company to do a full tune up. Had one lady tell me that she called up two different company's and they never showed up. Really? This day in age we still have no shows. At least call to let them know you are not coming. How do people stay in business. I have heard about lawn guys doing this no show stuff before 2006. But then the economy went down and everyone was begging for work
Posted via Mobile Device
This is the irrigation guys Christmas! Every flaw is shown in a system right now. If they are lucky they are getting calls from the customers they have gained over the years and taking on new business when they can. You can not fault the guys, honestly, they are just overwhelmed right now. Does it suck that someone is told they have a appointment to change a head....yes...but when one of their customers call from an estate that spend $3K in upkeep a year...guess who's $90 job gets pushed to the back.
It is no different than the guy who's "mower broke" during june and will not be fixed until after July. Yes it sucks for him, yes I told I him I would cut his lawn for a super premium rate, but guess what ...if it is between him and one of my long time regulars getting serviced on a heavy week when everything is running tight...guess who is not getting cut....it is that guy who chooses not to ensure I have income coming in all year.

Mike

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I referred a custom to a friend earlier this week for a job. I told her I simply wasn't interested he was closer etc.

She called the office both yesterday and today asking where the hell I am. She even made me a schedule for the week. You know since I had a delivery coming Wednesday I couldn't do. Supposed to rain Thursday so you can def come Friday after 10 when it stops raining. Since it's supposed to rain at 9

There is no way in hell I am doing the job. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-30-2014, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post

She called the office both yesterday and today asking where the hell I am. She even made me a schedule for the week. You know since I had a delivery coming Wednesday I couldn't do. Supposed to rain Thursday so you can def come Friday after 10 when it stops raining. Since it's supposed to rain at 9

There is no way in hell I am doing the job. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
These are my favorite kind of people. They usually lead with "I don't know a thing about fixing xyz, that's why I called you. Now, here's the list of how to do whatever it is you're going to do."
Old 05-30-2014, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WenzelOSLLC View Post
These are my favorite kind of people. They usually lead with "I don't know a thing about fixing xyz, that's why I called you. Now, here's the list of how to do whatever it is you're going to do."
I had a gut feeling because they first thing she told us was no one else called her back. I see why now.
Posted via Mobile Device