Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-04-2014, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just demo one and go from there. Every machine has issues
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2014, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had an early 232 and despite a Greta dealer I swapped it for a tl230. I'm not sorry.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I plan to do an exstensive demo on the C238. I'm going to run it through the cycles of making sandbags and moving loaded supersacks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2014, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ksss runs a TR320 if I remember correctly. He may be able to chime in on what he's seen with his but overall his impression has been positive.

I don't think it's really possible to go wrong with a given machine much more these days. Bad luck or a rotten apple dealer can ruin even the best machine out there.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I think you need to figure out what CTL is going to work best with your attachment. I don't post a lot but I read this forum a lot and it seems to me like you have had multiple threads about this brand CTL or that brand CTL. Every machine has issues like someone mentioned.

I think you need to figure out what you are willing to pay. Are you going to get in a payment or buy a used machine cash.

What do you need for lift capacity? Horse power?

Just seems like you are beating a dead horse with all these threads wondering about this CTL or that. Good luck in your search.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

what about a mini wheel loader. It might just do what you need it to for sandbagging better than a ctl. Its my opinion that there are very very few situations where a skid/ctl is really the right piece of machinery, particularly if you need lifting capacity more then anything else.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabmasonry View Post
what about a mini wheel loader. It might just do what you need it to for sandbagging better than a ctl. Its my opinion that there are very very few situations where a skid/ctl is really the right piece of machinery, particularly if you need lifting capacity more then anything else.
He lives in Louisiana it's swampland down there. Ctl is great for landscaping and mowing
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2014, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My sandbag machine is Skidsteer quick attach. Therefore I need a CTL. I know what size machine I need.

The kubota svl75 was a great match. I want to try out a new holland since I have a good business and personal relationship with the dealer.

I need to be able to move 3k # sandbags and run my attachment which is 2k# loaded with sand. I will also use this machine to run a brush mower to compliment my tractor on clearing/bushhogging work.

I don't want to buy a machine and a few months later wish I would gotten a larger machine. So I'm going to demo the new holland C232 & C238. More than 90% sure ill be buying new. I've had my headaches with used machines. Will also be getting an enclosed cab with joystick controls.

Sorry if my post seem bothersome to some of y'all. I'm looking for advice from guys who run these machines everyday.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2014, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
My sandbag machine is Skidsteer quick attach. Therefore I need a CTL. I know what size machine I need.

The kubota svl75 was a great match. I want to try out a new holland since I have a good business and personal relationship with the dealer.

I need to be able to move 3k # sandbags and run my attachment which is 2k# loaded with sand. I will also use this machine to run a brush mower to compliment my tractor on clearing/bushhogging work.

I don't want to buy a machine and a few months later wish I would gotten a larger machine. So I'm going to demo the new holland C232 & C238. More than 90% sure ill be buying new. I've had my headaches with used machines. Will also be getting an enclosed cab with joystick controls.

Sorry if my post seem bothersome to some of y'all. I'm looking for advice from guys who run these machines everyday.
Posted via Mobile Device
If you're going to brush cut with the New Holland be careful of where the loader arms come down on the rear plastic fender. I've seen some of them crushed because there is no space between the arm and the plastic. I've seen this with snow too. The rear lights stick out past the door and I've seen almost all of them out there with broken rear lights.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

There are several 380s around here. I also have a TR320. I would demo the NH, what could it hurt. You might even like it. I like my 320. The power is amazing really. It is not perfect, none are. While the NH are much the same there some differences between it and the CASE. It is mostly cosmetic but it is a more robust build I think.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.

Last edited by ksss; 05-05-2014 at 12:54 AM.