Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-05-2014, 06:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How many sites do customers click?

Just curious if anybody knows how many sites the average lawn care/mowing/landscape customer clicks on when searching for service?

Someone types in lawn care town, landscaping companies in town ect, are there any studies on what they do next with whatever Google brings up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2014, 07:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not aware of any LCO-specific data that exists.

As a whole, there are a number of studies and data released each year. Depending on source, the range is pretty wide, with anywhere from 18 to 53% of the clicks going to #1, with the percentage dropping from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 and so on.

Page 1's share of click through is in the high 90's, reinforcing the recent joke making the rounds that "The second page of Google's results is the best place to hide a body.".
Old 05-07-2014, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML View Post
Just curious if anybody knows how many sites the average lawn care/mowing/landscape customer clicks on when searching for service?
Posted via Mobile Device
I think it would vary greatly depending on the service and market. I believe the #1 spot for "Portland Landscape Maintenance" is pretty valuable. People are looking for a pretty specific service- one that is almost a commodity. But "Portland Landscaper", while still valuable, is a different beast. People may be looking for a cleanup, pruning, lawn care, a new patio, etc... That means that more people are likely to scan down the page looking for the right fit (Meta description and Title become more important!) Then you have a term like "Portland Landscape Designer". Most people looking for a designer have a certain style or aesthetic that they desire. How likely are they to find that on the first click? Probably no too. Lots of bouncing back to results and scanning.

Just curious- why are you curious?