Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-08-2014, 02:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Let us know how the notched high lifts work. I didn't like the med lift blades mine came with. Right now im running gator blades for everyday mowing and they are cutting good and seem to be chopping the clipping better so they are not sitting on the lawn.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan's Lawn Care View Post
Let us know how the notched high lifts work. I didn't like the med lift blades mine came with. Right now im running gator blades for everyday mowing and they are cutting good and seem to be chopping the clipping better so they are not sitting on the lawn.
Did you get a 472? All the others should have come with solid foil high lift blades. The notched blades showed up today and I am going to throw a set on my old 160 and cut my lawn and tomorrow morning I will throw the other set on the 460 before we head out to work.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 05-08-2014, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Just cut my lawn with the notched foil high lifts. Drastic difference between them and the solid foil factory blades. Completely eliminated the down and out grass clippings. Now it throws them straight out almost 3 rows over. They also create more vacuum without a doubt and they cut carpet smooth. After all these years with the XF and XF2 deck I cant believe I never tried the notched high lifts before now. They are night and day better than the solid foil blades.

There must be a big difference between the 52" and 60" decks. I know gmlc has the best luck with the oem blades on his 52 and the stens version didnt work well on his machine. The stens on my 60" decks cuts the same as the oem blades and now the notched high lifts cut even better.
2004 Gravely 34Z
Old 05-08-2014, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Just cut my lawn with the notched foil high lifts. Drastic difference between them and the solid foil factory blades. Completely eliminated the down and out grass clippings. Now it throws them straight out almost 3 rows over. They also create more vacuum without a doubt and they cut carpet smooth. After all these years with the XF and XF2 deck I cant believe I never tried the notched high lifts before now. They are night and day better than the solid foil blades.

There must be a big difference between the 52" and 60" decks. I know gmlc has the best luck with the oem blades on his 52 and the stens version didnt work well on his machine. The stens on my 60" decks cuts the same as the oem blades and now the notched high lifts cut even better.
What is the blade part # for the ones for a 60" deck?
If I ultimately do not like the stock blades that came with my 260 then I have another option to go to.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 05-08-2014, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
What is the blade part # for the ones for a 60" deck?
If I ultimately do not like the stock blades that came with my 260 then I have another option to go to.

These are the ones I got. Ordered and showed up 2 days later. They ship directly from stens.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310753541062...84.m1497.l2649
2004 Gravely 34Z
Old 05-08-2014, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post

That is really interesting to me. I have been reading along in this thread. I was hoping you'd report back after you posted that you were getting them yesterday. I would like to find and try a set under my deck, but I have yet to hear anyone say that there are any made for the JD's. I haven't found any when looking, but then I suck at finding things online.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
That is really interesting to me. I have been reading along in this thread. I was hoping you'd report back after you posted that you were getting them yesterday. I would like to find and try a set under my deck, but I have yet to hear anyone say that there are any made for the JD's. I haven't found any when looking, but then I suck at finding things online.

JD has an odd ball blade dont they? It was easy to find blades for mine because they are very standard 20.5" with 5/8 bolt hole. I just looked at oregon and cant find any notched blades that will fit a jd. Maybe stens makes one.
2004 Gravely 34Z
Old 05-08-2014, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My deck is a 60". It takes 21" blades with a 7/8" CH. I just looked through Stens site again and they only show one notched foil blade, and it isn't close to what I need.

I also have a 60" deck for my CUT that takes 20 1/2" blades with a 7/8" CH. They are a flat design while my Z takes blades with a 1/2" offset (hump).
Old 05-09-2014, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Exmark stock blades on the ultracut will fit gravely decks. The ones with the bigger holes for the triton and series 6 spindles might be close for deere
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-09-2014, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

They might have a large enough CH, but probably not the hump.... or would they?