Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-06-2014, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhelpdesk View Post
Hey guys,

Mhelpdesk is actually the top-rated landscaping software company (see capterra's top landscape companies).
Correct me if I'm wrong or, in your words, "actually...", but your reviews are not from landscaping companies. You seem to be adding a healthy pinch of creative license and applying it to your company. In fact, it looks like you've simply decided to start marketing your software to lco's, so I'm curious as to how you can use this against other sponsors who are in this thread? This is akin to McDonald's deciding to offer the McTaco and saying they've eclipsed Taco Bell as the largest Mexican fast food joint.

Mhelpdesk:
First nine reviews that loaded = zero lawn or landscape companies. (Of 57 reviews, only 1, from April of 2013, is from an LCO.)

Jobber:
Six of nine reviews are from lawn and landscape companies.

So, I'm curious as to how your company is the #1 landscape software company. It seems "top software for local PC repair shops" is more worthy of the claim...
Old 06-06-2014, 12:40 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong or, in your words, "actually...", but your reviews are not from landscaping companies. You seem to be adding a healthy pinch of creative license and applying it to your company. In fact, it looks like you've simply decided to start marketing your software to lco's, so I'm curious as to how you can use this against other sponsors who are in this thread? This is akin to McDonald's deciding to offer the McTaco and saying they've eclipsed Taco Bell as the largest Mexican fast food joint.

Mhelpdesk:
First nine reviews that loaded = zero lawn or landscape companies. (Of 57 reviews, only 1, from April of 2013, is from an LCO.)

Jobber:
Six of nine reviews are from lawn and landscape companies.

So, I'm curious as to how your company is the #1 landscape software company. It seems "top software for local PC repair shops" is more worthy of the claim...
Hey @tonygreek. I totally hear what you're saying and can understand why you think that. I wanted to throw our name into this thread and instead of me telling you about it I thought it'd be more objective to point to a 3rd party review site that is not biased and specializes in helping people choose software - Capterra.

As far as marketing to lco's, you are right. We consider our software to be "field service software" but sometimes call it [industry name] + software. For example, we also sometime refer to Mhelpdesk as the top-rated hvac software on Capterra . The reason for this is that Mhelpdesk works for a ton of different industries. We are able to customize everything so that it works well for landscape companies (setup recurring jobs, recurring invoices, etc) and also set it up so that it can work for hvac companies (equipment tracking, time tracking, etc.)

As far as the reviews, there are some in there from landscape businesses. Capterra doesn't isolate reviews by industry for ranking their top rated businesses and for this reason we say that we are the top-rated landscaping software on Capterra. I think that since the computer repair businesses have more time behind a computer they are more inclined to write reviews.

Either way, we do have a number landscape companies that would be happy to give Mhelpdesk a reference. One of our clients, who is based in Canada and has grown nearly 300% since implementing Mhelpdesk, has told me that he'd be glad to jump on the phone with any lco and talk about how we've impacted his business.

Happy to answer any more questions that you have. I want to be as transparent as possible.

Watch a 2-minute demo!

Email: ryan@mhelpdesk.com
Web: www.mhelpdesk.com
Phone: 888-558-6275

Old 06-06-2014, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhelpdesk View Post
Hey @tonygreek. I totally hear what you're saying and can understand why you think that. I wanted to throw our name into this thread and instead of me telling you about it I thought it'd be more objective to point to a 3rd party review site that is not biased and specializes in helping people choose software - Capterra.

As far as marketing to lco's, you are right. We consider our software to be "field service software" but sometimes call it [industry name] + software. For example, we also sometime refer to Mhelpdesk as the top-rated hvac software on Capterra . The reason for this is that Mhelpdesk works for a ton of different industries. We are able to customize everything so that it works well for landscape companies (setup recurring jobs, recurring invoices, etc) and also set it up so that it can work for hvac companies (equipment tracking, time tracking, etc.)

As far as the reviews, there are some in there from landscape businesses. Capterra doesn't isolate reviews by industry for ranking their top rated businesses and for this reason we say that we are the top-rated landscaping software on Capterra. I think that since the computer repair businesses have more time behind a computer they are more inclined to write reviews.

Either way, we do have a number landscape companies that would be happy to give Mhelpdesk a reference. One of our clients, who is based in Canada and has grown nearly 300% since implementing Mhelpdesk, has told me that he'd be glad to jump on the phone with any lco and talk about how we've impacted his business.

Happy to answer any more questions that you have. I want to be as transparent as possible.
To be honest, I'm not sure how to best respond to any of that, so I'll just thank you for your transparent response.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:46 AM
LawnSite Member

I researched as many options as possible. SAP was the first one that I tested.
Thought it might be a little expensive for me. After 6 months I did a full circle and ended back at SAP again and I am more than happy to pay a little more and really appreciate what the App can do. Even though I am not using all of the options yet, I am happy that SAP has the features I may need as we grow.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:30 PM
Sponsor

Hey guys, just getting back to you now. We are indeed not a dedicated lco solution, but we are a robust service software solution that is customizable to a wide variety of businesses. You can see the breadth of industries represented here in our Testimonials page. I'd say of the software options mentioned here, we're most similar to SAP when it comes to the number of different things we can do, but our interface is a lot easier to use (I used to use SAP back in the day myself). We do have a free two week trial on if you want to check us out, as well as video and chat tours of the software.

Watch a 2-minute demo!

Email: ryan@mhelpdesk.com
Web: www.mhelpdesk.com
Phone: 888-558-6275

Tags
accounting , field management , scheduling , software , software programs