Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-15-2014, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

it actually feels like things have slowed down to me since I was so used to it raining 2-3 days a week and then I would have to work until dark to catchup the rest of the week.

the rain is here today but most days now i'm done by 3pm and it feels like I need a lot more work. problem is you get more work then what do you do when it rains several days?
Old 05-15-2014, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish that was the case.. I wish i didn't get a majority of my business from online. A few more reviews like that and i might as well give up. I have 4 good reviews, honest reviews from some of my good customers that liked me enough to get on there without me even asking to take time to post a review.. and they got sh!t canned because of yelps filter. then i got the one non-customer review that really is a garbage review from someone taking out there bad day on me, and its shinning up there on top. lol. It just seems pointless sometimes. On a positive note, my phone didn't ring as much after that which is great.. 90% of the calls were for stuff i don't do, or from people who wanted the grass cut NOW because it hasn't been cut yet this year because the lawn mower was broken and they have company comming in town for the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
you don't owe someone that isn't your customer yet anything. there is no rule you have to call them back at all. it's your choice if you want to or not.

sometimes I get calls asking me to do tree work or stump grinding. I never call back because that's not what I do.

I used to call everyone back and say i'm sorry but I don't do that type of work or whatever. they usually say oh well that's ok I already found someone else to do it anyways.

I also never call people back that don't leave a message. if they expect me to answer or call them back within an hr they can look elsewhere. I mow some yards that take 3hrs to complete. i'm not going to stop in the middle to go check my phone every hr.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No rants today, really. Well, other than not being able to start til 11. Tomorrow will hopefully be a long day. I don't want to have to work Saturday. We have a local German festival to go to. Lots of beer, dancing, food, and stupid gambling games. The kids love it.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 05-15-2014, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Today went smooth here also, with the exception of some dumb azz trying to comit suicide with my truck.

I have a light day tomarrow, and hopefully going to see Tom Watson at Shoal Creek on Saturday. Pullapart on sunday.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Today went smooth here also, with the exception of some dumb azz trying to comit suicide with my truck.

I have a light day tomarrow, and hopefully going to see Tom Watson at Shoal Creek on Saturday. Pullapart on sunday.
Tom Watson the golfer?

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 05-15-2014, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

just the opposite for me, i have a heavy friday including the woman who likes to call the weather "pretty". "It's pretty tomorrow, why don't you come by about 10:30" Don't you know that I only work when it's pretty, and on top of that, only her yard.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
Tom Watson the golfer?
Yes, he was my idol in my youth. I don't know how much longer he will be playing, and the it the last year for the tournament to be played at Shoal Creek.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Yes, he was my idol in my youth. I don't know how much longer he will be playing, and the it the last year for the tournament to be played at Shoal Creek.
I love him. The run he had a few years ago was amazing. Was that at the US Open?

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 05-15-2014, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
I love him. The run he had a few years ago was amazing. Was that at the US Open?
He almost one the British Open at age 60, I think hes getting close to 65 now. Hes definitely one of the best players that ever played the game.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
He almost one the British Open at age 60, I think hes getting close to 65 now. Hes definitely one of the best players that ever played the game.
I knew it was one of the Open's.

It will always be the British open to me.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds