Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 05-09-2014, 04:10 PM
inzane's Avatar
inzane inzane is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 1,575
I got my aerator out of the shop this afternoon. $60.00 poorer (which i thought wasn't so bad..) And it still will not go. The shops here are just disappointing.. this is what happens time and time again with this machine. I don't fix my own stuff usually, i make money to gladly pay someone who knows WTF they are doing to fix it so it runs right.. but I give up. It seems like it should run atleast somewhat (its now a manual push aerator.. i better get me some steroids if i'm gonna use it). Whats up with these shops that fix a piece of equipment, and don't test it first. Its going back in the morning, but I'm ready to scrap this thing.
__________________

Servicing Dallas, Acworth, Kennesaw, & Woodstock, Ga
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-09-2014, 04:43 PM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 9,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
I got my aerator out of the shop this afternoon. $60.00 poorer (which i thought wasn't so bad..) And it still will not go. The shops here are just disappointing.. this is what happens time and time again with this machine. I don't fix my own stuff usually, i make money to gladly pay someone who knows WTF they are doing to fix it so it runs right.. but I give up. It seems like it should run atleast somewhat (its now a manual push aerator.. i better get me some steroids if i'm gonna use it). Whats up with these shops that fix a piece of equipment, and don't test it first. Its going back in the morning, but I'm ready to scrap this thing.
That really sucks, if we were closer Id try and help out.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Cedar Lawn Care Cedar Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 488
#1 I finish mowing a lawn. I get in my truck and check my phone as I am driving away. I have a text from the lady that lives at the house I just mowed asking me to mow shorter. When you hear your lawn guy mowing your lawn it might be worthy of exiting your house to talk to him instead of hoping he somehow gets and reads texts while in the middle of mowing. I told her I would lower it next week.

#2 I finish up edging a lawn before mowing. The owner comes out and tells me to skip his lawn this week because he just put down $50 worth of fertilizer on it. After a long pause I told him ok. His lawn is 3500 square feet and he put down $50 worth of fertilizer. This should be fun.

#3 The 90+ year old lady I mow for came out of her house 5-6 times to talk to me during one 30 minute visit. "Will you please mow this little strip over here too, I want these weeds mowed down while you're at it." "Can you mow the front yard a bit lower next time, I want to be able to see your stripes better." "In the back there is a wheel barrow, just do the best you can and work around it." "Don't worry about the guys putting the siding on my house. Just work around them the best you can." "You're sure doing a good job. I can tell you have done this before." "I am not going to be here next week. You just come and do what you need to do." She is sure a nice lady, but holy cow.... can I just work? lol
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-09-2014, 05:19 PM
RussellB RussellB is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 2,750
Just plain feeling like crap. Should have taken the week off but I have two days to sit on my butt.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-09-2014, 05:28 PM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 9,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellB View Post
Just plain feeling like crap. Should have taken the week off but I have two days to sit on my butt.
Dirnk a beer, or drink a coke. Don't light up.

Did you get the gallbladder out?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-09-2014, 05:43 PM
CreativeLawncareSolutions's Avatar
CreativeLawncareSolutions CreativeLawncareSolutions is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: cincinnati, oh
Posts: 1,539
I'm gonna be losing a customer in the next month or so. Got a call from her today. I can just tell when they're gonna be a PITA now. Her yard looks gorgeous too. I'm taking a picture next week to post here. She's still nitpicking....makes no sense.

Gotta love 'em.
__________________


F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-09-2014, 05:46 PM
inzane's Avatar
inzane inzane is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 1,575
thanks. I'm sure its gonna work out. Its a tough pill to swallow right now because i dropped some mowing thinking i would make up the difference on aerating which is doable if the machine worked. Now i'm just hoping i can get it going by fall because i do have some good aeration and overseedings lined up for the fall.. if i have to rent one i have to rent one by that time. Just part of being in the biz, i know. aerating kinda sucks anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
That really sucks, if we were closer Id try and help out.
__________________

Servicing Dallas, Acworth, Kennesaw, & Woodstock, Ga
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-09-2014, 05:56 PM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 9,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
I'm gonna be losing a customer in the next month or so. Got a call from her today. I can just tell when they're gonna be a PITA now. Her yard looks gorgeous too. I'm taking a picture next week to post here. She's still nitpicking....makes no sense.

Gotta love 'em.
I got one that doesn't live in the house that called me last Friday and said I didn't cut it. I told him I did 2 weeks ago and am scheduled to do it Monday.

So I cut it Monday but still didn't get a check for last month, so I may loose the account and 270$.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-09-2014, 06:30 PM
RussellB RussellB is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 2,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Dirnk a beer, or drink a coke. Don't light up.

Did you get the gallbladder out?
Last Friday and I pushed it way to hard this week. Better days are coming. On the bright side I have enough large jobs lined up to keep busy all summer.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-09-2014, 06:42 PM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 9,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellB View Post
Last Friday and I pushed it way to hard this week. Better days are coming. On the bright side I have enough large jobs lined up to keep busy all summer.
Take it easy if you can, and if you cant ...........still take it easy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.07894 seconds with 8 queries