Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-21-2014, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
A day behind from the rain, everything is overgrown, main mower is in the shop and its finally AUGUST, hot and humid. On the up side tomorrow is Friday.
Tis the season. What's up with the Vride?
Old 08-21-2014, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

mowed one yard today then the next yard the mower wouldn't start. jump started it off of customer's truck then removed the jumper cables and it ran for 15seconds then shut off.

dead battery.

lasted 3 years so i guess that's good?

my mower has sucked this year. broken deck belt, pto clutch went out, and now the battery went poof.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
mowed one yard today then the next yard the mower wouldn't start. jump started it off of customer's truck then removed the jumper cables and it ran for 15seconds then shut off.

dead battery.

lasted 3 years so i guess that's good?

my mower has sucked this year. broken deck belt, pto clutch went out, and now the battery went poof.
That would be good week for me lol.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

well my mower isn't that old. only 650 hrs.

it really wasn't a big deal. it just sucks when things break in the middle of august.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i gun my bad boy redmax 26cc whip to go through some tall stuff and it revs right up quickly / smoothly to highest rpm , so im thinkin all right scott(our mechanic) has this thing runninn great . then i look and the head aint spinnin , the bearings down where the head meets shaft came apart . but we run nothing but redmax and have like 5 wore out parts machines in the garage so got a fix right away . nothing like runnin same models over n over to build up parts machine stock . redmax 2600 trimmers - redmax 7001 blowers - exmark 48" wb 15hp kaws are machines weve been runnin over a decade
Old 08-21-2014, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjessen View Post
Tis the season. What's up with the Vride?
Leaking O ring on the hydro pump. Third time this has happened and another reason that I've stopped doing business with Mayo. I spent an hour and half looking for a single wheel velky so that I don't have to walk 20 miles tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
Leaking O ring on the hydro pump. Third time this has happened and another reason that I've stopped doing business with Mayo. I spent an hour and half looking for a single wheel velky so that I don't have to walk 20 miles tomorrow.
So, who are you going to use for repairs?

I have an extra mounting bracket for an Exmark Standon. You could have the bracket and borrow one of my standons. Keep in mind they will cause the front end to come up on the 36".

Call me in the am first thing if interested. Be leaving shortly after 7am.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hottest couple days of the year !!
I busted it yesterday and got a couple of my Friday customers serviced. Started the day with only two jobs, wanted to get done to take the wife out for her birthday this evening. I've got an account in a neighborhood where nearly every time I'm there, some neighbor with an overgrown lawn asks me to mow for them. It happened today, two doors down and a corner lot with about 250' of street frontage, curb and sidewalk. So lots of edging. Said her husband has been out of town so its a little overgrown. The walk and curb had 12"-14" bermuda runners. A bunch of the crap solar lights and 6 brick sorround planters in the yard. It didn't look like it had seen a string trimmer in two months. I tell her, weekly service, $45 one time 55. She tells me to do it, (one time) she'll go to the bank and be right back. I mow, edge (the crap out of it) trim all the lights and planters. I never saw her return. I finish, go to the door, wait what seemed like a minute or two, 97 degrees today, get pissed talking to myself and start to the truck. Lil old lady hobbles out, I'm like, "all fininshed, can you pay me?" She's like, "you didn't edge the back patio". It was a pig stye and I as usual, only string trim back patio's. Bud light cans and drink cups all over it and inbeded in the 6" grass around the patio prior to my string trimming. I said I trimmed it can you pay me. "No you didn't finish" I get in the truck and say, "see ya" start to drive off. The expression on her face was classic! She's waving holding out my money, I stop, collect and leave. I should have just said "No"! Think I've about outgrown the one timers!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

today was the worst day of the season. 100+ temps ...actually 98 with heat index of 105 i think??? who cares it's freakin' hot!!!

was filling my br600 up with gas and it fell off the thing i had it sitting on and busted the elbow piece of the air tube. gas went all over the place.

i went to the dealer to get the part. they don't have it. have to order it and it will probably be tuesday before i get it at my house.

while going to the dealer my tire pressure light came on in my truck. looked at the tire when i got to the dealer and it was sitting on the rim. tire was completely flat. i looked around and didnt' see a nail or anything in the tire.

dealer pumped it up for me and i drove to the tire shop. there was a hole in the tire so i guess the nail had gone in and then popped out?

anyways i put duct tape around the elbow to hold it together for now.

things always go nuts when it gets too hot including me. i was about to throw the br600 in the garbage and go buy a husqvarna 580bts.

stihl equipment is garbage. not very durable if it can't even take a 3ft tumble without breaking.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

man at 7am it was 71 with heat index of 86 lol glad I started and got done early

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)