Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-09-2014, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

My rant is directed toward the young blonde lady in her Honda Civic at the gas station today. She decide to sit in 1 of the 2 diesel pumps while there were at least 4 or 5 gas only pumps empty. I ended up having to circle around and then back into the only other diesel pump, and then once I got there the pump was slow as chit. She was attractive at least.

“I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” – Ronald Reagan

"Treat employees like they make a difference and they will." - Jim Goodnight

Old 05-09-2014, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I agree on the diesel pump rant. Seems there is always a gasser blocking the pump while they go in and get a soda.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i'm amazed at how many people still go inside gas stations. I do my best to never enter one ever again if I can help it. this one I have to go inside because they are too cheap to replace the receipt paper at the gas pump. drives me insane when I get inside and there is a line of 3-4 people and I have to wait 15min just to get a stupid gas receipt.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just got a 3 acre lot, no trimming. That will do!

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 05-09-2014, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The Sulky tire went flat, so flat in fact I couldn't say for sure how long I had been riding it flat...
The Mailman swung past delivering mail and commented to me that it's too hot for flat tires.
I mentioned to him how that exact thought crossed my mind as I was coming out the back yard, but the alternative was to pull the attachment off and walk the mower and that I had come to the conclusion that walking the mower would feel even hotter.
He agreed.

Fortunately I had an inner tube because the tire could only hold 20 psi with the pump running, some gash...
Downtime: About 30 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
i'm amazed at how many people still go inside gas stations. I do my best to never enter one ever again if I can help it. this one I have to go inside because they are too cheap to replace the receipt paper at the gas pump. drives me insane when I get inside and there is a line of 3-4 people and I have to wait 15min just to get a stupid gas receipt.
My credit card does it all for me, I have never kept paper receipts.

But what irks me is the pump limit, when I need gas the pump 'limit' cuts me off!
This day I needed $189 worth, had to go through the process twice because it stopped me at $150...
I may have to go back to fleet fuel, which that's always a nice alternative not to have to deal with the store and the public.
Attached Images

Last edited by herler; 05-09-2014 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

if you can make it to $150 that's great. I had one cut me off at $90 one time.

I use my debit card and the bank keeps record of it but I like to get the receipt so I can remember to write it down in my checkbook and my expenses folder for my business. I guess I could look online at the banking thing but it's faster just to use a receipt. I keep paper receipts too for tax purposes. I've never been audited in my life so I have no idea what is needed and what isn't. I just keep everything just in case.

I guess i'm old school. I keep track of everything on paper. I don't do anything on the computer for my business as far as software or anything.

I also only use cash whenever I go out to eat. I never use a debit card ever for eating out. I don't even own a credit card. I never have and I never will.

I have a john deere credit card but that's only for use at the john deere dealer. they gave it to me when I bought my mower.

Last edited by weeze; 05-09-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Be glad you don't have the freaking lottery down there. Paper is out then go get in line, wait for 2 or 3 people to get drinks and a scratch off, wait for them to scratch to find out they won $2 so they can buy 2 more tickets and repeat while standing in line. BTW I hate the lottery. POOR MANS TAX!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

sometimes I wish we had the lottery. maybe then they could pave the roads around here. driving here is like driving through a minefield.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
sometimes I wish we had the lottery. maybe then they could pave the roads around here. driving here is like driving through a minefield.
We have the lottery and potholes.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Alabama doesn't have a state lottery? Goood lord.....jesus freaks, I suppose.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds