Register free!

Old 06-23-2014, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Look out KRB

Much to my surprise this is what happened one one of my test samples. Sprayed with low dose of Celsius and little MSO.
Name:  20140621_163232.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  93.2 KB

Name:  20140621_163200.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  104.9 KB

Name:  20140621_163213.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  87.5 KB

On another plot I had some damage but not this bad..used less MSO ...8 ounces per acre vs 10 ounces.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I use 1/2% MSO in daytime temperatures over 80 and 1% under 80. It does make a difference. Like I said all along, the two go well together.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 06-24-2014, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was careful not to spray across area with St Augustine and no weeds. This has stopped those steams from shooting up each week. But the overall appearance is poor. I was hoping somebody that uses Celsius and revolver would comment. The JDeer people say that is the best for KRB?
Old 06-25-2014, 03:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

They are right. 20 oz Revolver, 3 oz Celsius, and 1/2-1% MSO is not bad. Not a one shot kill, but two application in correctly mowed turf makes a big dent in it. BTW, you can use this on well fertilized and non scalped St Augustine. Don't cry to Bayer if it is done on stressed SA and the whole thing dies. I did this to a lawn where there was some SA under the trees and common bermuda for the rest of the lawn. Full of Bluestem and all manner of garbage grasses. SA took it no problems. At least 2 weeks prior, lawn got 20-20-20, potassium nitrate and micronutrients as a liquid application.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 06-25-2014, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
They are right. 20 oz Revolver, 3 oz Celsius, and 1/2-1% MSO is not bad. Not a one shot kill, but two application in correctly mowed turf makes a big dent in it. BTW, you can use this on well fertilized and non scalped St Augustine. Don't cry to Bayer if it is done on stressed SA and the whole thing dies. I did this to a lawn where there was some SA under the trees and common bermuda for the rest of the lawn. Full of Bluestem and all manner of garbage grasses. SA took it no problems. At least 2 weeks prior, lawn got 20-20-20, potassium nitrate and micronutrients as a liquid application.
At the price of revolver I won't be doing any test....with 20 oz. Per acre.
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2014, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
I was thinking about doing one more treatment with celsius just to tamp down any KRB seed steams from coming up. Any thoughts on that? Don't want to use revolver yet. Temperatures are around 90F.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Bayer has sent out a publication not to use surfactant when temps higher than 90 degrees. Tried mso one round and 80-20 another. Mixed it at 1/4 oz per gallon spraying 15 GPA.

I saw some discoloration in some Bermuda with a celcius/prosedge mix and attribute it to the surfactant.

I just don't have a test area to try it without surfactant and not suremy other options. N
Old 09-15-2014, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That can't be! We're told over and over on this board that MSO is the bestest additive on the planet and is should be used in all sorts of weather for every product, form breakfast cereal to shoe polish!

Seriously, though, all we have to do is follow the label directions. Not much goes wrong when we follow the label.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

It works pretty good as paint remover too but I like it best as one of my main ingredients in my prize winning "Italian" salad dressing...

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 09-16-2014, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not sure how to add a PDF file but I received a few product updates on celcius. Here is a pic about adjuvants and extreme heat.
Attached Images