Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-12-2014, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Specific question for billing software

I am looking for some billing / invoice management software. What I would like is
1) automatic billing for mowing clients. (repeating). programmed in to email client at the end of the month, automatically recording when we came, so I don't have to record every single time (example every Friday), then it emails them the bill. The only time I could input something is if we did extra (could be another invoice) or if we didn't mow.
Thanks a lot
Old 05-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Sponsor

Automating the entire process start to end is a bit tricky and while the system my be intuitive enough to handle auto billing, auto recording the time on site is a bit different. Especially if it auto records you cut, populates invoice and then triggers an email. You can't really efficiently do that without employing geo-fencing of some kind. Most softwares choose a niche and run with it (ie billing, scheduling, field management, contract management etc). They do that one thing very well and have some ad ons to fill in the rest. They all really bleed together though so an entire system that you seek is definitely the golden goose. I suppose all I can offer is that we are working on it! Yet that does not really help at the moment. Automation is definitely needed in the industry!
Office: 800-647-1951
Locqus - Free Field Service Management
Proud owner of Shamrock Landscaping LLC

Last edited by Locqus; 05-13-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Service auto pilot is close to what you want
Old 05-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Sponsor

^^ True, that one is pretty close. They don't really do real time field management but the rest is there.
Office: 800-647-1951
Locqus - Free Field Service Management
Proud owner of Shamrock Landscaping LLC
Old 05-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Sponsor

recycledsole, TurfWizard could provide exactly what you are looking for. Our software includes the capability to automate billing for recurring jobs such as weekly mowing. You can set the billing frequency to whatever you like, and invoices will be produced automatically by the system. If you're interested, visit our website or give us a call!

http://www.turfwizardllc.com/
203-888-1903
Old 05-13-2014, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
I am looking for some billing / invoice management software. What I would like is
1) automatic billing for mowing clients. (repeating). programmed in to email client at the end of the month, automatically recording when we came, so I don't have to record every single time (example every Friday), then it emails them the bill. The only time I could input something is if we did extra (could be another invoice) or if we didn't mow.
Thanks a lot
Clip will do what you want...all regular contract work can be listed on invoice without adding to total stating when you were there etc...additional work can be added to that invoice or as a separate invoice...a few clicks of the mouse and you can send the entire batch at end of month or whenever
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-13-2014, 05:37 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks a lot
You would probably want software that lets you get pretty specific for when you want to send out the invoices and also choose between fixed price and visit based billing.

It would be as easy as checking off that job being done, and then the invoice can be made up for you. Then email all the invoices with batch invoicing and its all done. Lots of ways you could set software up to do all that.

I recommend doing a screen share with a bunch of companies, talk to them and see if your workflow will fit, then do a trial and test it out for a week or two so see how well it works.

-Landen

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Email: info@getjobber.com
Web: www.getjobber.com
Toll Free: 1-888-721-1115
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 05-16-2014, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks.
I just want a program that will automatically create an invoice for weekly or bi-weekly cutting. Then it automatically or one click send the bill at the end of the month. If I do a project like leaf removal, or anything else that isn't normal maintenance, I can create an invoice for that and be added to the monthly bill.
THANKS!
Old 05-16-2014, 10:49 AM
Sponsor

Yep, that is super easy to setup with our recurring jobs. I just did it for someone else the other day.

You create your recurring job, setting how often you will visit, how long the contract will last and then you setup billing and invoicing.

For that you would do per visit building, and you can set how often you want it to create the invoice for you. Then the invoice is made, you can just click the create and send button and it gets emailed to your client.

It will track your emails as well, so you know if they received it and opened it. Pretty nifty.

-Landen

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Email: info@getjobber.com
Web: www.getjobber.com
Toll Free: 1-888-721-1115
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 06-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
thanks.
I just want a program that will automatically create an invoice for weekly or bi-weekly cutting. Then it automatically or one click send the bill at the end of the month. If I do a project like leaf removal, or anything else that isn't normal maintenance, I can create an invoice for that and be added to the monthly bill.
THANKS!
Hey @recycledsole - Looking at your requirements, it appears that Mhelpdesk would be a terrific fit. We just launched a TON of new features around recurring jobs and recurring invoices with automatic reminders. Another thing to note is that you can create different job types that have different rules as other job types.

Happy to answer any specific questions or get you setup with one of our account executives who can do a live screenshare demo whenever you have 15 minutes to invest in your company.

Watch a 2-minute demo!

Email: ryan@mhelpdesk.com
Web: www.mhelpdesk.com
Phone: 888-558-6275