Register free!

Old 05-14-2014, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Z spray jr 36r

So today I made the decision and bought the jr 36r thinking I really want to switch to racking my machine next year. I also really liked the size and ability to get into 36" gates.

I ran a Intermediate all last year and was so impressed by the machine that when I bought my business this year I knew I wanted to go with their product. Of course, with the business came and GL unit that I was not accustomed to operating. Seemed like a good machine, I just wanted to get a z spray and it goes along well with my Z plug.

The Jr 36r does not have the power and pull that I noticed in the intermediate and others have said the other models have. I thought the weight difference would make up for the difference in horsepower between the 16hp Vanguaard and 9.5hp Kohler motor (Site still states there are using a Subaru). It doesn't have the power needed to pull hills, and I'm not talking about 30 degree inclines, much less than that. Yes I know to work from side to side, but sometimes that isn't possible. I don't think I can accurately spray and spread with this machine and now I'm in a pickle. I am going to contact them tomorrow and see if we can work something out. Has anybody else noticed this issue with the 36r. I realize what LT rich is trying to do with this machine, but how much weight would a more powerful engine add? Really this is my only major complaint. I can't be the first to address this issue.

The reason I'm writing this review is to help others thinking about the 36r and not to degrade LT rich. I would still recommend their other products to anyone and everyone. The spray and spread worked very well on flat property and it was awesome going thru a 36" gate. Machine seems to be built like a tank and looks great. Could use better rear tires, something more along the lines of the intermediate. If you don't have many hills this is a winner.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Good insight sir, I hope Rich will settle up with on your issues.

I too was considering a 36R (now next year), but actually think the regular Jr 36 might be a better way to go.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 05-15-2014, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Member

It has the same motor as the heavier intermediate, so you can't go wrong. The one I used was never lacking for power.

I can tell you that truly the only complaint I have is the lack of power on hills. It gets up and goes on flat yards.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are you sure your speed bar is all the way forward not hindering how far forward you can move your hydro controls?
Old 05-15-2014, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrashears View Post
Are you sure your speed bar is all the way forward not hindering how far forward you can move your hydro controls?
Yep
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-15-2014, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Member

I typically reserve a few RPM's so I can wind her up pulling hills to keep speed at 5 MPH.