Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-17-2014, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

got my first F as well for the same exact thing. Can't lie, angie's list is the reason the phone calls keep coming and is free advertising to mostly, my kind of clients. I also like the response feature on the site as well.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
The BBB is a total joke as well. I had a tenant in one of my commercial buildings pack up in the middle of the night, 6 months into a 5 year lease and just abandon their unit and move to Washing state and set up shop. They were a BBB accredited A+ business, so as somebody who had a legally binding contact with, which they broke, I filed a complaint with the BBB against them. Not because I thought that it would do anything, but just to put it out there for all to see when they pulled them up on the BBB website. The BBB wouldn't even investigate my claim or anything. I guess if you pay the BBB for a listing you're guaranteed to have an A+ rating no matter what kind of an A-hole you are.
I get a call from BIG every few months telling me they got a call or report on us and I need to call themback iimmediately...whatever...they just want money...any disgruntled customer is more than welcome to talk to me directly. If you involve a third party, good luck
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2014, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
I get a call from BIG every few months telling me they got a call or report on us and I need to call themback iimmediately...whatever...they just want money...any disgruntled customer is more than welcome to talk to me directly. If you involve a third party, good luck
Posted via Mobile Device
Same here. I have the number saved in my phone so I don't bother answering it anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2014, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irritation View Post
Customers think they are doing you a favor giving good reviews or recommending to friend or neighbor and I guess they are but there is a limit and I'm over it.
Irritation,

You will be really over it when you see the one I am going to post.
(That guy is so irritating bah, bah, bah )
Old 05-17-2014, 02:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

And why do the Angie's ppl feel so obligated to get super duper extra service . How much d!ck do I need to be sucking here

Apparently we were awarded on Angie's last year the super duper service award. . Top 5% ratings in our area . . It's like nooo we don't want that
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2014, 03:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchgo View Post
And why do the Angie's ppl feel so obligated to get super duper extra service . How much d!ck do I need to be sucking here
Posted via Mobile Device
I thought the topic was Angie's list, not Richards list
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2014, 07:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well I have an A . For every call I get from potential customers I get 5 from angies list trying to sell me.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I can't stand the review sites either. BBB has been hounding be lately, and that would be the only one I would even consider. Over the winter I occasionally check caller ID when I go the the office every few days, and Angie's List comes up almost daily.

I have about 7 reviews on Angie's. Three of them are not my customers, and are for another company with a similar name. I've tried getting them taken down but it hasn't happened. Good thing is that they are positive reviews, except two of them are for full installs which we do not provide.

I know TomTom had a similar issue with a bad review due to not answering the phone. My outgoing message always says it "may be the following business day before a return call is made". It helps give some expectations to the caller. The message also says "we are currently booked out over two weeks", which helps reduce the tire kickers and price checkers from leaving a message.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

All of those review sites suck. At least Angie's lets you respond without having to jump through 1,000 hoops and pay a fee. I just don't even worry about it anymore, we have 2 bad ratings on Yelp, 1 on Citysearch and a couple of F's on Angie's, all of them from crazy people that weren't going to be pleased by anyone. We still have 1,500 active irrigation customers (meaning we've done work for them at least once in the last 18 months), just over 400 weekly mowing accounts and about 50 fertilization accounts (a service we just started this year) so I figure whatever. I don't even bother trying to respond anymore, if someone can't read the review and figure out that the customer was nuts then they're probably nuts as well and I don't want them anyway so I figure it helps me screen the crazies to have a few bad reviews.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

bcg - exactly. We can't please everybody. There are the core group of customer that we will go out of our way for, but the price checkers, the tire kickers, the one-and-done customers, we just don't spend the extra effort. Once they show that they are going to use us on a continuing basis, and let us do thing correctly, we will make them a priority. Calls returned faster, moved to the front of the line, make a quick fix while in the area, etc.