Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-17-2014, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have always had good reviews on those sites. Recently I got a 1 of 5 on yelp because we missed a bid meeting. Long story short it did happen and it was our fault, the customer could have communicated a little more effectively but hey, it's our fault. It has actually helped our business, people like the response and said it makes our site look legit because it isn't packed full of 5 stars.

I do feel like 1 of 5 should be reserved for people that steal money, don't finish a job, or run out on the warranty... But I guess that isn't my call.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2014, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASI View Post
F*** Angie's List.

On there its like the more you pay them the better your ratings get

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
05' Gravely 148z 1700+ hours 21 hp Kawi
Echo
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 05-18-2014, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Y'all must not be irrigating much if y'all have time to fool with that stuff. I'm lucky to get a few updates on our company's social media in a week. We are absolutely slammed here with calls. Texas is booming.
On a side note, BNI has worked well for us. Helped us double in size. No need for random calls from some list.
Mike
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegyver View Post
On a side note, BNI has worked well for us. Helped us double in size. No need for random calls from some list.
Mike
I tried BNI back in the late '90s. Hated it. Maybe it was just the group I was in. Only received work for the members in the group, and they expected a discount. Never received leads from them outside of the actual members.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
I tried BNI back in the late '90s. Hated it. Maybe it was just the group I was in. Only received work for the members in the group, and they expected a discount. Never received leads from them outside of the actual members.
Don't get me wrong, some BNI chapters are a joke. The one we are in is around 40-45 members which helps. Most of what we get is maintenance work (mainly lawn but some irrigation) and between that and installs it's paid for membership fees, meal fees, and time many times fold.
Mike
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I got an F for not bidding a job. It even says that I came out and looked and advised I would not be able to do the work. They didn't understand this since I come and do the neighbors yard next to them. The vibe I got was the lady was a wack job and had fired 10 LCO's in the last 8 years.