Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-25-2014, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Color branding trucks/trailers ??

We all know company recognition goes a long way. I'm in the process of focusing on bushhogging/clearing and machine work. I have people tell me all the time I've seen your truck around. So I want to make a brand recognition by doing a color match for trucks and trailers.

I'm starting with my deck over gooseneck. I'm changing the boards out so decided to paint it. Trailer will be Ford/New Holland Blue. I'm also in the works of getting a flatbed for my dually and plan to paint to new holland blue also. I'm looking for a service body to put on my brothers Crewcab chevy and thinking of doing tht body blue also. Maybe I'm nuts or thinking about this too hard. But I can see certain color trucks on the road and name the company without seeing the logo. Plus the blue goes with both of my companies logos.

Anybody have any thoughts?

In this pic i did a test spray. The blue on the right half is the color I'm going with.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-25-2014, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Good idea, not sure if I like the blue though. I do the same kinda thing, I run black trucks and I have the frames painted red. Gonna paint the trailers red this year also if I ever get any down time.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree I see a certain color and can name the company. I think the blue looks good. Brand recognition goes a long way. People may not be able to read your logo driving by but your color will definitely stand out.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmover View Post
I agree I see a certain color and can name the company. I think the blue looks good. Brand recognition goes a long way. People may not be able to read your logo driving by but your color will definitely stand out.
That's the effect I going for. Blue is my favorite color,plus it's the one color both my company logos have in common. Some of the big boys in my area have the fleets branded w/ yellow, red, green, one has all black dumps and tractor/trailer combos.

I think the blue will definitly standout and even go with the Kajun Flood Workz theme.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-28-2014, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Member

The company I plow for in the winter has color matched trucks and trailers. If someone doesn't recognize the name I don't even get the description of the trucks and trailers finished and they know exactly who it is and always comment on how nice the equipment always looks. People notice.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

There's a company here (not lawn related) that has yellow vans/trucks with the front fenders painted red. Pretty simple and instantly recognizable from a distance.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
There's a company here (not lawn related) that has yellow vans/trucks with the front fenders painted red. Pretty simple and instantly recognizable from a distance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-30-2014, 08:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I love the Ford Blue the colors will always look good and be a legend. Hopefully rain holds off so I can repaint my old beat up trailer this weekend. Did truck harness rewiring, ran new wiring on trailer with new set of trailer lights last weekend and paint my mower back from dullness.

Wasted memorial day off time trying to fix dealer mistake on my deck pitch 3/4" + back pitch main mechanic said they all should be like that I know there people all over this town with horribly pitched decks after he said that got my 1/8" front pitch in now cuts like a totally different machine.

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 05-30-2014, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

One color or color scheme is always best.

AND, going with a color that is different than anybody else is always a good idea as well.

All mine are green, except my big salt truck that is still yellow. Trailers are green as well. Dump boxes and flatbeds are either stainless or black for easy touchup and no need to repaint from the mfg.

Back when I had 4 or 5 trucks, I was talking to a seldom used vendor and he thought we were the same size as a competitor that had over 20 trucks at the time, because ours all looked the same.

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office
Old 05-30-2014, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

So what happened to the plan you had in January to get back to your roots and focus on lawn maintenance and Landscape/Irrigation installs.