Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-01-2014, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowellreid View Post
I think it makes a difference to at least have a common theme and look between vehicles, but i don't know if the overall color choice makes the difference, I think its more about appearing organized/professional to me than being eye catching.

ours have differed a bit over the years but more or less look the same.
There is nothing there that sets you apart from the other 15 landscapers in you're area. I can't even tell you do landscaping. You could be a material delivery service

Wrapped vechiles are a good sized investment, but the pay off is tremendous. Marketing is a serious thing, not even wants to take 15 years to grow by word of mouth
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-01-2014, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I keep the same font and logo on everything, put some red on the trailer too to tie it to the truck
Old 06-01-2014, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
There is a guy about 100 miles from me that paints his CASE backhoe's white. He has been doing for at least 20 years that I know of. Everyone knows who runs the WHITE back hoes. While a little costly, certainly is priceless when it comes to branding.
There was a company in SoCal with a good size fleet of pink backhoes. You couldn't miss them from a mile away!
Old 06-11-2014, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Member

There is a large local guy painting all trucks, trailers and equipment hot pink. The guy is a genius. Everyone knows them now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2014, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like the blue! One of the things I want to do down the road is restore my grandfathers 1969 Chevy C100 long bed and use it for a work truck. I was going to level it and paint it flat black with flat black wheels and a black trailer. I use Gravely mowers and Shindaiwa handhelds so the black and red will go well together.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2014, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bringing this back to life a bit. There is an article in this months Construction Equipment mag about color matching to set a brand for your company
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2014, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its in the works for us right now. We are about to paint all our trailers as well as the beds of our dump trucks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2014, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I like color branding on signs and business cards/ads but I am hesitant with vehicles or machines that may get turned over often. It would be worthless for me to color brand a machine that's in the woods all the time as it will get scratched to heck but I've thought about it just to be different.

I found a good deal on black truck. Can't keep it clean anyway. If I had it wrapped and I had to sell it, wouldn't that be expensive to redo or is it hard to "unwrap?"

I know plenty of guys who are successful and have no signs at all and stay plenty busy year round.
I guess if you came up with something catchy, it could help but I'd be concentrating on other forms of advertising that casts a broader net in the short term and look at branding in the long-term.

You are like me.. always thinking and that's good but sometimes it's also good to run with what you got until you are seeing dividends. I tried for a long time to have everything just right, have more education and skills than the next guy and nicer vehicles and machines and I still find myself competing with part time guys who rent a machine for beer money.

If you have a lot of competition and everyone looks the same, then branding might be more important. You would know your market better than anyone here.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 08-24-2014, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just my .002 cents: Color coordination is cool, but don't forget that relationship in community has a greater effect (often unseen) on business than does presentation of equipment. I've got long-term health issues that really prevent any largeness of business (ironically I'm thankful because "big" business is too often a hard master that can suck happiness and contentment out of you faster than a tick can blood out of a dog), so I have focused more on developing relationships with my customers and their kids (offer classes on how to build bamboo backed longbows and primitive weapons, help out the struggling older widows and single mom's sometimes with little or no charge, etc..). Most of the times I have been blessed with more work than I could ever imagine possible (and I have never advertised, or have matching colors), and often have to refer it out to others.

Don't forget - $ or financial gain isn't the ultimate goal of business.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you are going to make your brand "over the top identifiable", make sure your doing a kick asss job everyday. You don't want to be known as the company with the bright yellow trucks in town that does a shitty job. Branding can work for you or against you, how that comes out depends on your performance or perceived performance.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.