Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-27-2014, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

From the same City as Power Design. I just know their hard work and dedication.
John Deere G-15 WB
Echo PAS-260 Power Heads
Echo Trimmers / Blowers / Edgers
Coralville, Iowa
Old 08-27-2014, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl1200a View Post
From the same City as Power Design. I just know their hard work and dedication.
Well, I don't understand you putting yourself out there, staunchly sticking up for them. It's not your company. You don't have intimate knowledge of any interactions between Norm and these customers, or myself. For sure, you won't see me sticking up for any company, if I'm not invested, or any person, if I didn't witness the interaction.

Mine is still working, after ~160 hours. However, the quality of finish, construction, and lack of detail is subpar, especially for $360. If you bought a product from Apple, Ford, Whirlpool, etc and it was made to this level of finish, dealt with customer service with an attitude of Norm's, or had the track record of PCD, you'd being calling a spade, a spade. Correct?

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl FS55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
Husqvarna 580BTS blower
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 08-28-2014, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am aware of every 'intimate' conversation and interaction Norm has had with customers. Power Chute Design is not a sponsor here at lawnsite.com so you work it from there. As is stated on the home page of the website" 'This product is not designed for looks. It's designed to work day in and day out for the commercial user.' Plus the idea that five seconds after it's initial use the product is covered by and stained green by grass. Pressure washed, hit by rocks and debris contained within the deck by the Power Chute. It's made for another end result. Your customer's lawn. The costs involved are not put into the finish. It's put into the engineering and testing to make the product as durable as possible for your needs.

The end product finish you should worry about is your customer's lawn, not the product that is used (and abused) to come to that end result. This is a working product, not an automobile by Ford. Two completely different concepts. You busy a Ford for looks and performance. You buy a Power Chute as a tool to use for another end result that allows you to buy the Ford.

Every Power Chute is hand made to be the best it can be for the purpose it is made. And with that every Power Chute is guaranteed for welding and workmanship for life. For as long as you own a Power Chute it is guaranteed. What other product you use in your business gives you a guarantee for life? So yes, I'll stand by Norm and Power Design as the amount of work and effort put into every product that goes out their door.
John Deere G-15 WB
Echo PAS-260 Power Heads
Echo Trimmers / Blowers / Edgers
Coralville, Iowa
Old 08-28-2014, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have Qwik Chutes, love them. Keep the pivot points lubed and it's worry-free.

No motors/wires/switches to fail.

The owner was super helpful in sending extra bolts since I didn't tighten them enough and they wiggled off
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by FoghornLeghorn; 08-28-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl1200a View Post
I am aware of every 'intimate' conversation and interaction Norm has had with customers. Power Chute Design is not a sponsor here at lawnsite.com so you work it from there. As is stated on the home page of the website" 'This product is not designed for looks. It's designed to work day in and day out for the commercial user.' Plus the idea that five seconds after it's initial use the product is covered by and stained green by grass. Pressure washed, hit by rocks and debris contained within the deck by the Power Chute. It's made for another end result. Your customer's lawn. The costs involved are not put into the finish. It's put into the engineering and testing to make the product as durable as possible for your needs.

The end product finish you should worry about is your customer's lawn, not the product that is used (and abused) to come to that end result. This is a working product, not an automobile by Ford. Two completely different concepts. You busy a Ford for looks and performance. You buy a Power Chute as a tool to use for another end result that allows you to buy the Ford.

Every Power Chute is hand made to be the best it can be for the purpose it is made. And with that every Power Chute is guaranteed for welding and workmanship for life. For as long as you own a Power Chute it is guaranteed. What other product you use in your business gives you a guarantee for life? So yes, I'll stand by Norm and Power Design as the amount of work and effort put into every product that goes out their door.
Please get in contact with me with a P.M. (personal message) about my powerchute. I will keep this thread going to see how we resolve this issue with my powerchute, which I have gone though two motors now. The first motor lasted about two weeks, the second motor, another two weeks. I was also toldby Norm that I struck something with the motor that caused it to fail. I never struck anything as I am the only operator of my mower. You claim above that the powerchute is designed for commercial use but I went through 2 motors in less than a month! What is your idea of commercial use? I am not hard on equipment by any means and I still cant get a motor to last over 2 weeks. I personally would like a complete refund as I am a busy guy and cant be messing around with changing motors every two weeks even if you do send me motors at no charge under warranty. I will be waiting to hear back from you.

And secondly, I had a conversation with Norm about my first motor that went out and I posted on here a few months back and you somehow knew every detail of our conversation. So...either your name is Norm or you are very closely associated with him. I will be waiting for a response. Thanks. Jeff from Michigan
Old 09-05-2014, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravelyman50 View Post
Please get in contact with me with a P.M. (personal message) about my powerchute. I will keep this thread going to see how we resolve this issue with my powerchute, which I have gone though two motors now. The first motor lasted about two weeks, the second motor, another two weeks. I was also toldby Norm that I struck something with the motor that caused it to fail. I never struck anything as I am the only operator of my mower. You claim above that the powerchute is designed for commercial use but I went through 2 motors in less than a month! What is your idea of commercial use? I am not hard on equipment by any means and I still cant get a motor to last over 2 weeks. I personally would like a complete refund as I am a busy guy and cant be messing around with changing motors every two weeks even if you do send me motors at no charge under warranty. I will be waiting to hear back from you.

And secondly, I had a conversation with Norm about my first motor that went out and I posted on here a few months back and you somehow knew every detail of our conversation. So...either your name is Norm or you are very closely associated with him. I will be waiting for a response. Thanks. Jeff from Michigan
Hello?? Still haven't heard back from you.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Member

I also went through three motors before I found one that worked for more than a few weeks. I bought a replacement at Oreilly auto (96 Caprice window motor) and it has been working for over 175 hours so far. I was also told that I must have hit something but I hadnt.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-06-2014, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Grab a bagger. NUFF SAID!